BP/W or Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a delimma. I'd like to upgrade a part of my dive gear, either my BC or my computer. Currently I have a Suunto Favor, which IMO is a not very functional computer. So, my computer upgrade option is to get either a Suunto Stinger or Vyper. Also, I want to change from a jacket BC to a Oxycheq BP/W. So the question is, which should I get first?

thanks

teknitroxdiver:
I have a delimma. I'd like to upgrade a part of my dive gear, either my BC or my computer. Currently I have a Suunto Favor, which IMO is a not very functional computer. So, my computer upgrade option is to get either a Suunto Stinger or Vyper. Also, I want to change from a jacket BC to a Oxycheq BP/W. So the question is, which should I get first?

thanks

Get what you need.

Thats true...but I like being able to do multilevel dives easily. I'm definitley not going to get an AI computer, but rather a wrist mount combined with a simple brass SPG. The main reason I would want/need to upgrade to a new computer is for Nitrox, and the main reason I want/need a BP/W is because they're more streamlined and pack better.

So, I guess for right now "what I need" would be the computer, since I want to do the Nitrox cert this summer.

you already have a computer,

I like having an analog gauge for pressure, and if I were to leave the computer in the hotel or in the car, I wouldn't have to miss the dive, I could just go to tables.

teknitroxdiver:
So, I guess for right now "what I need" would be the computer

Wow, that backfired.

teknitroxdiver:
I like having an analog gauge for pressure, and if I were to leave the computer in the hotel or in the car, I wouldn't have to miss the dive, I could just go to tables.

A lot of people will tell you you're better off leaving it in the car all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom