BP/W n00b needs help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmmmm... Sorry if I offended anyone (just so you know, I teach special ed and have a down syndrome nephew) I didn't mean to offend anyone. The dictionary deffinition is: delayed
I am delayed in my knowledge of BP/W's. That's all I meant. We throw the term around here in our special education school setting to mean just that. Not that someone is handicapped. I do appologize if I offended you.

It's great that you do good work, but even then, you should be more sensitive to the use of that word, despite the "dictionary definition." There are plenty of words that are non-offensive in a "dictionary definition" sense, unless and until one takes it out of that context and uses it where a lot of people see it as an offensive term.

I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill either, so I apologize to everyone for somewhat derailing the thread. Nice set up you got there at a great price! I too only wonder about how you're going to deal with 75 lbs. lift - that's a lot of lift! But I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out, and for $200 you really can't go wrong there. You'll probably want to opt for something with much less lift in the future.

Oh....it's derailed! I still don't know what I need to do, but have gotten 6 private messages about this post.

It's got the soft weight pockets with the emergency dumps. So you will put your soft weights in the pockets. There are 2 5lb pockets in the back and a pocket on each side to carry the remaining weight.

It may or may not have an inflator hose included, but your standard BC hose on your 1st stage should be just ducky.

There should be a tank strap included with this item.

It's a minimalist BC my dear, no big deal, you know how to deal with the BC, this is not much different.

THANK YOU Bobbin-along!

And now we return to our regularly scheduled programming:

"Jo's Super Duper Deal on a Rig"

It looks like a Dacor "Rig".
You're looking at $350 through L/P - so it sounds as if you got a pretty good deal.

A dive buddy on mine dives this "Rig" and likes it very much.

the Kraken

I got it from scuba.com I think the catch was that they only had that size, which happens to be the one I needed. I've heard it was going to be phased out, but for $200 thought I'de try it.

Will it be set up for singles or doubles when it gets here? Anyone know?

If it is, indeed, "The Rig" by Dacor, it'll be set up for a single tank.
It's a very, very sturdy setup.

the Kraken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom