BP/W in warm water without wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+ however many it is now: walking in gear topside leaves marks, underwater there's no problem whatsoever. @rhwestfall's pads look nice because they have slots for d-rings and should provide more padding than basic neoprene sleeves. I might get myself a pair some day.

I use the DR Transpac in all conditions (including a rash guard/board shorts combo shown in my profile pic when it's warm enough; that pic is from Bonaire). It's a "soft" plate, but absolutely no issues with either the shoulders or crotch strap over the course of nearly 200 dives now. I'm at about 4 lbs weight with an AL80 tank. When first bought it I thought about I considered going back and putting a split strap on it but didn't bother (mostly laziness factor at the time); now I'm pretty much used to it. I've found that in the water it's not too hard to get all the...ahhh...bits & pieces...settled.

I put Zeagle Split Saddle straps on our warm water gear...

Big fan of the saddle straps. I have them rigged on my ET (with basic harness I've "tricked out" just for me :); very flexible/configurable) for tropical diving. Once I splash, a little snug on the saddle straps and a little snug on the waist belt, and the rig is basically "molded" to me. Feels amazing diving it in just a lycra. Another meaning for "dive freedom." :bounce::bounce::bounce::)

SS BPW, board shorts with crotch strap and rash guard.

IMG_0261.JPG

OK so after reading all of the above posts - this is what I'm thinking about getting, to provide the best single tank setup for me while watching costs:
Vintage Double Hose Argonaut #32lb (doesn't seem to be much drawback to going to the larger wing)
DGX XT Lite ( I like the idea of stainless steel for durability and strength - though AL would probably be fine)
DGX Deluxe Harness
Zeagle Split straps

So what else do I need? Is a single tank adapter needed? What suggestions for cam straps (trying to keep the overall weight down for travel - but seems like 1 lb each for a ss cam strap. Do I need two cam straps? Finally what assembly hardware?

Thanks all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom