BP/W configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkHerm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone!

After four years of diving a jacket style BCD (Seaquest ProQD) I really want to try a BP/W. :cool2: I do cold water diving but also travel to warmer location and I plan to use my new rig in either location.
Generally, the prices for usually so called "technical equipment" like a BP/W are much higher here in Germany than in the US, so I want to order most of the stuff from the US (i know that there are additional duties etc. for importing).

Because LeisurePro has a lot of products, good prices and offers oversea shipping, I want to place my order with them (except for the wing that I want to buy here locally).

I plan to get the following products:

Oxycheq Mach V Wing
OMS SS Plate
OMS AL Plate (for traveling)
Dive-Rite Transplate Harness (i like the adjustability and quick releases)
Dive-Rite Crotch Strap (1")
OMS Back-Pad (for SMB storage)
OMS Single Cylinder Adapter (if cam slots of the BP do not align with the wing)
2 XS Scuba weight pockets (to be attached as trim weight on cam bands)

Before placing the order, do you have any suggestions about this selection? Have I forgotten something important?

Thanks!

I would rethink the 1" crotch strap! The 2" might be a little more comfortable. Or not...

Also, the 2" crotch strap should be more workable if you ever take a scooter ride.

Richard

Ditto this, and would also suggest the one piece continuous harness (hog harness). The continuous harness is every bit as adjustable as the transplate and is much less complicated and less expensive.

where is here locally?

where is here locally?

Germany... I want to buy the Oxycheq Mach V here in Germany from the official Oxycheq distributor as the price is competetive and I will have full warranty.

regarding the crotch strap: I think I will get the 2" version then... thanks!!

cool, germany rocks! from what I have heard :Depressed:

Are you there with the us military by any chance?

I second the 2 inch crotch strap . . .

Ditto the 2" crotch strap, and also the recommendation to go with the simple Hog Harness. Everybody I know who started out with something more complicated has gone to a simple harness over time. They're just easier to adjust to a perfect fit.

Are you there with the us military by any chance?

No, I am acutally from Germany living in Berlin. :cheers: While the city is really exciting by now, the diving spots are somewhat limited :plain:

Dan Ziegner:
Ich stimme mit Ihnen überein. Viel Glück.

Vielen Dank! Ich werden dann das Transplate Harness kaufen :wink:

About the hog harness: I actually already bought a hog harness but I cannot decide if this is the right thing for me at the moment. A transplate harness from LP is 60 dollars right now which is about 40 Euros (if I add import duties and alike I may end up with 55 Euros). If I buy the transplate harness from the german dive rite distributor, I have to pay 160 Euros (~ $220). That is insane! So my idea is to buy it via LP now and if I don't like it or prefer the hog harness I can sell it on ebay without any loss.

Ok, I'm making this suggestion based on my experience with hog harnesses and not the dive rite adjustable harness....

I might consider separate harnesses for each backplate. Having to take off a harness from one backplate and put it on the other and vice versa over and over again depending on your diving might be a pain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom