Travel BCD OMS IQ Lite or Cressi Travelight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nat_siriu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thinking of getting a travel BCD mainly for tropical diving (I don't plan to go anywhere that requires a 7mm wetsuit and above!). But which one, OMS IQ Lite or Cressi Travelight?? They are different style soft back plate vs jacket but I don't really mind as long as they are light and easy to pack.

Also I have only dove with metal BP/W or jacket BCD. Not sure how the soft back plate feel like, does it feel like metal BP/W after adding weights on the trim pockets on the back?

Hahaha, good comment but care to elaborate what 's wrong with OMS?

Any recommendation on other light BP/W BCD?

OMS doesn't honor their warranty

OMS customer service... well, there is no OMS customer service.

I can recommend a very light BP/W setup, but even as a doctor I can't afford it!

Have a look at X deep Ghost or if you want to go totally minimal Aqualung Outlaw (which packs down really small)

Aqualung recently stopped making the Outlaw. They still make the Rogue, however, which has a few more bells and whistles than the Outlaw. OP might still be able to find an Outlaw in stock from an online vendor, but replacement parts are going to be difficult to find going forward. And forget about getting a customized one with different strap sizes.

Aqualung recently stopped making the Outlaw. They still make the Rogue, however, which has a few more bells and whistles than the Outlaw. OP might still be able to find an Outlaw in stock from an online vendor, but replacement parts are going to be difficult to find going forward. And forget about getting a customized one with different strap sizes.
That's a shame, as it is a great minimal travel BCD. Mine must be about 6 years old now and I will probably move to a X deep when I need to replace it

That's a shame, as it is a great minimal travel BCD. Mine must be about 6 years old now and I will probably move to a X deep when I need to replace it
I agree. I'm not sure why they stopped making it. Perhaps it wasn't selling as well as they had hoped? I'm thinking the release of the Rogue perhaps cannibalized Outlaw sales.

OP, you first should decide whether you want a BPW, back-inflate, or a jacket style BCD. From there, you have options in each category. For BPW, you have lots of options, as you can build your own with a lightweight travel backplate and a small wing. Many people get jacket style BCDs because it's what they first used. But I don't know anyone who prefers one after they use something else. Your preferences, of course, are your own so you should get whatever style you feel most comfortable with.

I agree. I'm not sure why they stopped making it. Perhaps it wasn't selling as well as they had hoped? I'm thinking the release of the Rogue perhaps cannibalized Outlaw sales.

OP, you first should decide whether you want a BPW, back-inflate, or a jacket style BCD. From there, you have options in each category. For BPW, you have lots of options, as you can build your own with a lightweight travel backplate and a small wing. Many people get jacket style BCDs because it's what they first used. But I don't know anyone who prefers one after they use something else. Your preferences, of course, are your own so you should get whatever style you feel most comfortable with.
I have got the rogue pockets which I very occasional use and have added 2 D rings to the shoulder straps, so yes I think your right the Rogue has probably cannibalised outlaw sales, but for the amount of times I need pockets I was happy with the outlaw waist band

Back
Top Bottom