BP/W combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Currently use a litehawk, most diving is Caribbean currently. I dive single tank.Looking to add in some diving in Colorado and Monterey bay. Prefer to avoid a weight belt so open to a nice backplate/wing set up that will travel well and cover both cold/warm with more importance on the warm. Any suggestions? Packages available? I dove a zeagle escape for a decade or so, the litehawk the last 5 or so years. Thank you

Prefer to avoid a weight belt so open to a nice backplate/wing set up that will travel well and cover both cold/warm with more importance on the warm.
A BP/W is great for warm water. I dive a steel plate (yeah, baggage weight--whatever) and use just a couple of pounds of lead in pockets attached to the cambands. No need for a belt. I have no experience with cold water, single-tank diving, but it seems to me you would need to carry a good bit of lead on a belt or a weight harness. The weight harness always sounded like a good option to me.

I recommend you look at Sub Gravity system.They have a choice of 1 aluminum or 3 stainless steel backplates, 4 wing lifts, and 2 harness types, 3 weight pockets styles, and backplate trim weights.

I use their 3mm aluminum backplate, 26 lb wing and adjustable harness for down south diving.

A SS plate and 30# wing should cover both nicely. If you need so much weight for your cold water exposure protection that it's too much for the wing to keep afloat, you can offload some of it to a weight belt.

A SS plate and 30# wing should cover both nicely. If you need so much weight for your cold water exposure protection that it's be too much for the wing to keep afloat, you can offload some of it to a weight belt.
Using a weight belt over a harness can be difficult for a novice diver.

yeah I nominate Alaskan scuba dude for course director weight belt over harnesess for novice divers course

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom