BP/W combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Using a weight belt over a harness can be difficult for a novice diver.
Perhaps, but the alternative would be dealing with a wing larger than necessary for most of his dives, which he said would be in warm water.

I recommend you look at Sub Gravity system.They have a choice of 1 aluminum or 3 stainless steel backplates, 4 wing lifts, and 2 harness types. They 3 weight pockets styles, and backplate trim weights.

I use their 3mm aluminum backplate, 26 lb wing and adjustable harness for down south diving.
I also went with a Subgravity. The options they offer and the quality is great. ONLY thing I have against them is the wing to plate bolt is 8mm metric. NO one has speed nuts in 8mm.

Something that struck me about that Subgravity wing is the non-standard inflator. That's the most likely thing on the wing to fail and the ability to use a cheap generic replacement could come in handy. It has for me.

Something that struck me about that Subgravity wing is the non-standard inflator. That's the most likely thing on the wing to fail and the ability to use a cheap generic replacement could come in handy. It has for me.
Looks like a standard 1” hose, if so putting a common K inflator on shouldn’t be a problem. It looks to be a nice rig.

SS plate for both.
Speaking for myself only.
I would not need any additional weight if using SS plate and also prefer couple of easily ditched lead on the weight belt.
Weight pocket and SS plate are additional weight in my checked bag as I want to keep it to the minimum ie. 12-13kg(full kit).

I've traveled with my steel plate, goes in carry on with regs, mask computer.

And for some reason my carry on is always searched.

I've traveled with my steel plate, goes in carry on with regs, mask computer.

And for some reason my carry on is always searched.
Did it once and never again because I was sent back to have the plate checked in. Luckily I always give myself plenty of time to go through the security.

He's not making them anymore. I messaged him and that's what he told me.

I did not know that. It's always been a part time gig for him in his slow season, I hope it's because he has more paying work. Occasionally one can pick them used, but they go fast,

Back
Top Bottom