BP/W are banned! And other fun things I've learned on my first chartered dive ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Steve:
I could be mistaken however, because we have been diving with this Op for longer than the FQAS has been around, and he knows us,

The FQAS has been around since 1970 so I guess you mean since they put in place the new law?

Cave Diver:
If she doesn't realize the value of a harness, a crotch strap and some well placed d-rings I wouldn't even bother. :wink:
ROFL!

opalobsidian:
t13234c3xhx.jpg

OH!!!!

Hee. :lol:

wardric:
The FQAS has been around since 1970 so I guess you mean since they put in place the new law?

Before they became a real problem/hazard :) (To divers).

I think they've been boning skiers for longer than divers?

lol

daedalusx:
To my fellow quebecois:

Is it that hard to believe? The American industry bashing ? The sense of elitism we often display thinking we do things better than other people ? The FQAS BS card ?

Think aboot it.

Unlike most reader, I really didn't laugh when reading your post. All of it is so believable coming from an FQAS fan. I really want to cry...so sad

For outsiders, Quebec put a LAW to increase security for divers. The result is very poor and makes most technical course illegal in Quebec. This is why there are the Pro-FQAS that are bashing at anything resembling DIR because it must represent their ENEMY (the divers that are diving illegally - remember, the existing law supports very limited technical diving certifications)

From another Montreal resident, I beg you to send me more information (personal e-mail) about this charter. There is a group being created that is planning to sue the FQAS and we really need support like these stories. If you give me the charter name, we can create a investigation team that will go dive with them and collect some real evidence. No need for you to be involved.

Added notes: in Quebec diving deaper the 60feet with OW certification is ILLEGAL and scuba police would arrest you - but scuba police does not exists, no police agency accepted the task of policiyng the existing law - proof that policemen can be very intelligent :wink:

bisonduquebec:
Unlike most reader, I really didn't laugh when reading your post. All of it is so believable coming from an FQAS fan. I really want to cry...so sad

For outsiders, Quebec put a LAW to increase security for divers. The result is very poor and makes most technical course illegal in Quebec. This is why there are the Pro-FQAS that are bashing at anything resembling DIR because it must represent their ENEMY (the divers that are diving illegally - remember, the existing law supports very limited technical diving certifications)

From another Montreal resident, I beg you to send me more information (personal e-mail) about this charter. There is a group being created that is planning to sue the FQAS and we really need support like these stories. If you give me the charter name, we can create a investigation team that will go dive with them and collect some real evidence. No need for you to be involved.

Added notes: in Quebec diving deaper the 60feet with OW certification is ILLEGAL and scuba police would arrest you - but scuba police does not exists, no police agency accepted the task of policiyng the existing law - proof that policemen can be very intelligent :wink:

Well said, Sylvain.

En passant, tu diras bonjour à Sébastien B. au boulot...

Looking forward to meeting you one day!

Alex

sue the FQAS?

Forgive me here, but it's governement, and by law, they are imcompetent, and all incompetence gets you when you're in the government, at WORST is the next 4 years being the oppostiion.

I agree the FQAS does absolutely nothing useful (Well, they did hand out free hot-dogs the other week)....lol.., but as far as suing anyone for anything, you're dreaming if you think you're going to make any headway with that, but I wish you well just the same.

There is no common sense to the government decisions in this matter, and you can't win. This is probably number 32165 on the list of things that are most important to the electorate. It's a non-issue really.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom