BP Placement Question.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shadowboxin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got the chance to try out a BP/W yesterday and it didnt seem to fit right. Where on you back is the plate supposed to be? The one i tried out seemed to be riding too high around the lower part of my shoulder blades and was uncomfortable but since i didnt get to adjust anything i think that was the problem.

Well, the design predicates that the waist strap should be around the waist.

So, if the shoulder straps were pulling the waist strap high up on your body, then they needed to be let out some to acommodate, properly, the fitting of the waist strap.

Then the plate rides where it rides.

the K

I agree with both of the above.

The thing that helped me out most was to stop into my LDS and get them to help me out with the adjustment... One doesn't want to get stuck in their harness when their home alone. I bet there are a few SB'ers that could share a few stories on that topic :wink:

I bet there are a few SB'ers that could share a few stories on that topic

You mean like THIS one?

Placement of the plate for use with a single tank isn't critical, and you can pretty much play with it until it's comfortable. Placement of the plate becomes much more important with doubles, because you can't move the tanks around with respect to the plate.

You mean like THIS one?

Yes, exactly like that one. Hopefully it's gotten easier over the last few years :wink:
Thanks for posting that TSandM. I certainly enjoy looking back at some older posts and comparing them to more recent ones. It's always nice to be reminded that with a little practice and determination this diving thing gets a whole lot easier, and more fun!

I'll tell you, getting out of a harness and plate with no tank on it is much harder than doing it with the tank on!

Back
Top Bottom