BP Oil Disaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told by my friend the engineer that the mud is in the hole and well pressure has stabilized. I pray that the concrete pour goes well tonight.

I hope it kills it and stays dead. From what I understand they have 50,000 bbls of mud to pump and will not stop until it is gone. They are pumping at 1700-2100 gpm. At that rate it will be ~17 hours. They started at 1pm MDT so it will be 8 am MDT when they get done. You can tell that they are pumping mud by looking at the live feed. At least it looks like mud coming out of the leak in the Riser to me.

2100 GPM of 22 ppg mud. Those must be the most massive mud pumps in existence. Wonder if they got them from Halliburton?

Let's just hope that when they put the cork in it, it doesn't start coming out of a half dozen fissures

2100 GPM of 22 ppg mud. Those must be the most massive mud pumps in existence. Wonder if they got them from Halliburton?

They would be the only ones that would have the pressure ratings to be able to pump it expecially 22 ppg at 2100 gpm through 3" pipe and then buck the pressure from the well to boot. And you can bet it's more than 2 or 3 pump units for that volume and pressure. But then with the finger pointing that is going on, maybe they used Schlumberger or BJ.

If the mess it made wasn't so big and nasty, it would kind of be fun watching it.

Right now it looks as if the ROV is surfacing....seems to getting quite a bit higher than what it is looking at. But then the video is so choppy it might have just relocated. The depth seem to have changed drastically (by about 3500 feet) but I am assuming that this one shows depth in meters rather than feet.

Back
Top Bottom