Boynton Beach/West Palm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric:
PS - drbill stick to flirting with woman on you own coast.. geesh you get around. :)

Yes, I know... I'm shameless but MissDirected and I have had prior contact (strictly in writing). Besides I used to live in Neptune and Atlantic Beaches and Mom is in Sarasota. Why, I'm practically a native!

Hey Tom, which day were you out over the weekend? We dove off my boat on Sat, went out of Jupiter, and the current was ripping from top to bottom all day. We had 4 Knott current's all day , I don't really mind , we were on scooter's, but it was moving.

We dove the Hole in the Wall, And then drifted North along the ledge of the reef, for allmost 3 mile's drift, 54 min bottom time, yes we were in planned deco :wink:

Have you ever dove the reef line from the Hole in the Wall, and followed it north? If not you should try it, what a dive!! Most of the depth is 130' - 140' , till about 2.6 mile's north of the hole, we got into 150' + depth's on the reef line.

Vis was about 30' , water temp was 71 , not bad at all.

Next time were heading down I'll Pm you, I take my boat down there and WPB alot.

BTW, the dive ladder is working out great, no problem getting on with the double's and all the deco tank's , etc,

Were planning on doing some deeper diver down there, Like the Hydro, and more, I'll give you a shout.

I was out on Saturday. Up at Hole In The Wall, you get those wicked Gulf Stream currents sometimes. 4 knots is a pretty ripping current. I've had one clear dive on the Hole - everything else has been in the murk.
Lemon sharks are almost here though - that makes the haul up to Jupiter worth the trip.

Tom Winters:
I was out on Saturday. Up at Hole In The Wall, you get those wicked Gulf Stream currents sometimes. 4 knots is a pretty ripping current. I've had one clear dive on the Hole - everything else has been in the murk.
Lemon sharks are almost here though - that makes the haul up to Jupiter worth the trip.

Ok, cool, I never reliazed how much ground you can cover drift diving, in a 3 -4 knott current. I was suprised to cover all most 3 NM.

With the sea's mostley rough in the winter time, I been playing ( ALOT ) of paintball.

I love that sport as much as scuba all most !!

Were running back and forth alot down to Jupiter and WPB from Melbourne , I'll drop u Pm next time were heading down !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom