Boynton Beach/West Palm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there. Just wondering if anyone was diving in this area tomorrow. I am thinking of driving up there tonight from Tampa to go with Splashdown Divers. I have never gone with Splashdown I have used another operation, but I hear good stuff about them. Oh, and I see where the Conchs have used them so to me that is a good recommendation. So, there you have it. I am forming my own last minute trip.

I can't make it, but would highly recommend Splashdown to you. Captain Lynne and her crew do an outstanding job. I was just diving West Palm the last couple of days. Visibility was around 40-50 feet with water temps around 70 degrees -- time for the 5mm suit and hooded vest for the warm water wussies like me.

Have a great trip!!!

Too bad. Guess I am a wussy as well because I am wearing just what you said. No tough girl play for me. I am too used to warm weather

I went with splashdown yesterday (12/30 - you can see the turtle video in the videography forum here) The water temp was 73 on the reef, and 71 on the bud bar which is at 95'. Are you doing the MORNING DIVE? on New Year's Day?? That's crazy if you ask me... getting on the boat at 8am... IF you're doing the afternoon dive... we might just join you. We have a "punch card" with them, so we're always up for it.

Afternoon dive with out a doubt! That would be super if you guys could join.

-Tracy

The seas off Boca were flat this morning - no current, no wind. The boat just sat pretty much during the dives. The viz really stinks though. My last dive, we found two lobster hotels. Left 10.

Tom Winters:
The seas off Boca were flat this morning - no current, no wind. The boat just sat pretty much during the dives. The viz really stinks though. My last dive, we found two lobster hotels. Left 10.

Yeah Tom... That's how it was yesterday too... The viz was pretty crappy as well... maybe 25' - I'm such a bad judge of that. The current was virtually nil though... which is also nice.

Temps in the low 70's cold? Why that's about as warm as they get around here. With the rain pouring down and the skies thickly overcast here, I envy you there in FL.

WeLL I am sorry that I am going to miss another wonderful outing. I am stuck working all weekend. I will DEFINTELY have to dive with YOU very soon though.

PS - drbill stick to flirting with woman on you own coast.. geesh you get around. :)

Oh my... well, it looks like I am going to miss a good dive on a GREAT boat... 'course, the 8am ride is cake for me since I'm up at 5.30 anyway :)

Yawl come back and speak about it, ya heah!?! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom