Bought "streamlined" regulator package...now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When rec diving, I've found that a long hose wrap around setup is more trouble than it's worth and just causes confusion. If I get an istabuddy, I need to explain how it works. If I just go off on my own, I don't care how long the hose is. 40" under arm is fine. I put an orange hose on my primary, that way I can tell instabuddies to "grab the orange" if they're OOA.
I tell insta buddies I'll donate the primary. If they think they might grab one of my regs, they need to find another person to dive with. And work on their gas planning.

There was a member here back some time ago that made the statement of something like "Attack me? You will eat your mask"...... miss his concepts... last seen here 2018...

@Paladin

Reactions: OTF
Have you tried switching to the necklaced reg at the safety stop and coil/clip the long hose before they grab everything?

I never thought about this... the more I learn the dumber I feel. What a novel idea. And I'm not the only one, I see guys on boats with the primary between their legs trying to get all the crap off while simultaneously wrapping the primary 7' hose up.

@rob.mwpropane I'll also flip the necklace over my head at the SS if time is of the essence on the exit (e.g., Zodiac recovery). With that reg in the mouth, there is little stretching required to get it over the mask.

@rob.mwpropane I'll also flip the necklace over my head at the SS if time is of the essence on the exit (e.g., Zodiac recovery). With that reg in the mouth, there is little stretching required to get it over the mask.

So you swap to the necklace, stow the long hose, then pull the necklace over your head? That's a pretty good idea too, can't tell you how many times I've tried taking everything off with the necklace still pulling me down.

I'm not sure that time has ever really been a factor, but the instant feeling of all the weight on a rocking boat, the more I can get accomplished in the water the better. Great ideas.

I like that idea too, as a side benefit it also ensures a few minutes of in-water breathing test of the (sometimes neglected) secondary on every dive.

+1 for cleaning up hoses at end of dive. Sidemount divers begin stowing our long hoses during the end of our SS. Works great if your passing up a cylinder.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

I tug the excess length of the 7' hose under the waste harness when diving recreationally(single tank and no canister light).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom