Bought my First Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First off before purchasing anything Scubapro I would give Beaver Divers a call as he had some excellent deals from time to time. Second, years ago Scubapro made aluminium regulators with a "high-tech" black coating (went through 2 versions of the coating) and guess what? It came off. So don't believe everything the advertising department says.

ams, the model number is 12.770.080, do you know how I can find out if this regulator was made during the time period you mention?

Thanks John B. This PVD coating is used in many different industries. It's newer technology than what the older generations were covered with. Will it last? Time will tell. At full retail I wouldn't buy this reg, but I'm happy that I got a good deal on it.

ams, the model number is 12.770.080, do you know how I can find out if this regulator was made during the time period you mention?

Do not worry about it. The models in question are MK-20 and MK-25 Ultralights. For lightweight models Scubapro has switched to titanium.

Do not worry about it. The models in question are MK-20 and MK-25 Ultralights. For lightweight models Scubapro has switched to titanium.

I saw that, also read up on the UL's and that the coating didn't stick very well to the aluminum bodies.... or something like that. Thanks.

Congrats on the purchase! It's an awesome feeling purchasing your first regulator. I only own one (Atomic B2 purchased for $670 in 2008) but I remember how exciting it was not having to deal with a sub-par rental anymore that someone probably vomited through. 6 years later I still love it.

I'm sure you can't go wrong with a top of the line ScubaPro reg on sale! Enjoy and let us know how you like it once you get it underwater. Sometimes you just have to sift through the negativity on this forum. If you believe you got a good deal and you're satisfied with your purchase, then it doesn't matter what anybody else says. I feel no need to make "you should have done this" comments unless it's something that can maybe be easily exchanged at an LDS. Even in that case it's still questionable. Buyer's remorse is a crappy feeling.

I just bought a Hollis DC3-212 regulator on sale for $212 to put on my pony bottle. Couldn't wait for it to show up.

Take care and have fun with the new reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom