Boston Harbour Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice dives yesterday. Vis was great yesterday, I could see Matt clearly from 5 feet and make out his profile from ten! Really though it was a nice day out on the water and it was good to meet some of the people behind the user names here.

Matt,

I forgot to take a look at that chart you had with you yeterday. If you want to hit the inner harbor let me know. There's still time for a lot more dives.

Oh man, I need to get my act toghter soon and get in on some of these dives. I have LOTS of ideas for Boston Harbor dives!

We are glad every one had some interesting dives this weekend. We are running until the end of October, so contact us to get some fall diving in.
Thanks for the good posts guys. See you soon.

Capt. Pat

I went out with a buddy with BDS on Saturday. Capt Pat and DM Paul run a great op.

Did the Kiowa with mild current, saw a fleeting 46 degrees at 49 fws. Viz wasn't great - 6-8 feet. Jim took 2 keepers, I got skunked. They are there, but there's lots more room for them to escape, so be quick or go home with an empty bag. We saw lots of tautog on the wreck. Tried to deploy my new wreck reel for the first time and tangled it - doh! The wreck was not very impressive, basically a pile of tangled metal. (But I've been spoiled diving the Antilla in Aruba).

We aborted the scallop dive based on the current ripping after we set anchor.

2nd dive was the canyons area. We worked the wall from 50 fsw back toward the island to about 40 fws, rather than the other direction. We maxed at 53 fsw, but you can head out across the flats to the wall that Matt described and get deeper. I had a steel 80, so I kept it shallow to extend the hunt. Nice spot for bugs!!! Many of the rocks can be flipped to get them, but also silty. I took 2 keepers, Jim took 3. I used the reel successfully for the first time to find the anchor line, although it did get a bit hung up on all the boulders.

I'd like to try another dive, this time anchored further out at the wall. From Matt's report, it looks like the deeper canyon deserves a bug hunting expedition with a rented 120, combined with a scallop dive.

Gabriel90512:
Dude how cool was that little move :)
nice work :) how deep is the Kiowa ?

It's about 50 feet... not deep at all for a wreck in New England. As you can see, the vis tends not to be very good at the site, but there's a large debris field and Boston Diver Services have set three lines off the mooring to the north, south, and west so touring the wreckage is pretty easy regardless.

Matt, are you bringing the video on the 16th.? The viz. on the Romance has been exceptional this year.

Guys i will like to join you i had the chance to meet Capt.Pat B. and i was very happy with the experience so any time you want to go out of with him let me know i'm in i just need to know with some time on advance in order to fix my schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom