Boot for pressure gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all who replied, as I am the original poster on this thread. I'm completely satisifed with the remarks I received to my question, I understand better now why the boot is not needed on the SPG, and I will not incorporate the use of it.

Let's put an end to this thread, alrighty?

Mel

melfox26:
Let's put an end to this thread, alrighty?

Mel

A brilliant idea!!

You know there really is nothing unlogical about removing the boot, plastic or brass gauge. If you are worried about sand and grit because you left the boot on then take the extra care and attention to peel it back when cleaning/rinsing your gear. (Of course good buoyancy techniques might minimize this problem) Secondly if you are worried about seeing tiny bubbles come out from the HP Spindle and you want the boot still on ther gauge then trim back the boot to expose this area that way the boot is protecting the gauge and you can still see the connection point. Now I am not "DIR" but you asked them a question and they answered according to their teachings. I support them on this one but thats just MHO

Boogie711:
Oh geez... (deep sigh)

OK - look, it's not needed. I've never had my SPG 'crushed' by my tanks, and if you do, I'd suggest you revisit the way you store and move your gear. This is basic stuff.

It stores crap - like salt water, moisture, sand, salt and corrosion. Because it's not needed, we take it off. This is also basic stuff.

And you know what else is basic - the fact that you're trolling in the DIR forum, which is a clear violation of the TOS. He asked for a DIR response, and you're responding with smart-aleck responses about umbrellas. Just move on, OK?

Did i say put the boot on???? I dont have a boot on mine. and i wasnt trolling per se.

I find it funny you need the TOS to hide behind. IMHO trolling and non DIR comments in the DIR forum are fair game based on the DIR comments that to on to non DIR questions. Especially the why ARENT you DIR thread. So Boogie if you want to cry behind the TOS fair enough, but cmon 5 pages of posts about a rubber boot is pretty anal right. How many pages did it take before someone said you cant see the champagne leak. To me that says there are a group of DIR (and dir wannabees without any training) who love posting pro DIR without understanding why they have done something.

Albion:
IMHO trolling and non DIR comments in the DIR forum are fair game based on the DIR comments that to on to non DIR questions.
Well, I don't think Pete or any of the other SB staff is of the same opinion. No one is hiding behind the TOS or anything else. Pete established the DIR section so that people could discuss DIR issues without dealing with all the conflicting advice and opinions which would be offered in the other sections. He made it a "not-trolling" section simply to ensure these discussion could occur unfettered by trolls and other contrarians who are simply out to stir the pot.

This is no different then what was done with the solo diving section. If someone wants to talk about solo diving in new solo section I'm not going to reply. On the other hand If someone posts a question about solo diving in the basic scuba section I'll probably share my opinion on the topic. I fail to see how the creation of section dedicated to a given topic would automatically preclude any discussion of that topic elsewhere when the topic is so generic it spans nearly all aspects of diving.

I'm sorry if people are offering opinions and advice in other sections which you don't agree with, but that in no way entitles you to ignore the established rules of this forum. If you don't like the rules I suggest you click here.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom