Boot for pressure gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is this even an issue? Take the boot off, tie an ss clip on with some cave line, dive. Pretty simple to me. If a person wants to fight every little detail that makes up the gear used by DIR divers, then don't attempt to dive DIR.

minnediver:
Why is this even an issue? Take the boot off, tie an ss clip on with some cave line, dive. Pretty simple to me. If a person wants to fight every little detail that makes up the gear used by DIR divers, then don't attempt to dive DIR.

We have a winner!!!! Ding ding ding!

Albion:
Hells Bells 27 replies on whether 'too or not' fit a rubber boot on an SPG.

IMHO brass is not as strong as a set of full twin tanks and if the two should meet rubber boot or not the guage will fail. You need to figure whether having a boot on with give more protection in the in between clashes. IE two sets of twins placed together with your spg between the two.

Dear DIR fourm there are large grey clouds near my house would it be appropriate to take an umbrella with me today.

Oh geez... (deep sigh)

OK - look, it's not needed. I've never had my SPG 'crushed' by my tanks, and if you do, I'd suggest you revisit the way you store and move your gear. This is basic stuff.

It stores crap - like salt water, moisture, sand, salt and corrosion. Because it's not needed, we take it off. This is also basic stuff.

And you know what else is basic - the fact that you're trolling in the DIR forum, which is a clear violation of the TOS. He asked for a DIR response, and you're responding with smart-aleck responses about umbrellas. Just move on, OK?

talk about smart-aleck responses: "take a class" and "If a person wants to fight every little detail that makes up the gear used by DIR divers, then don't attempt to dive DIR" make the list, too. i don't think the person asking the question is fighting anything he just wants to know pros and cons. critical questioning like this is what led to DIR diving. if you don't have anything pertinent to say or are bored/annoyed by the question then don't respond. what's the point of turning people away with this kind of attitude? aaargh...

Would everyone that feels the original question was adequetly answered and would like to see the thread close in order to stop the needless bickering please raise your hand...

:wavey:

docmartin:
talk about smart-aleck responses: "take a class" and "If a person wants to fight every little detail that makes up the gear used by DIR divers, then don't attempt to dive DIR" make the list, too. i don't think the person asking the question is fighting anything he just wants to know pros and cons. critical questioning like this is what led to DIR diving. if you don't have anything pertinent to say or are bored/annoyed by the question then don't respond. what's the point of turning people away with this kind of attitude? aaargh...

None of those responses were directed at the original poster, who had a valid question. "Take a class," while brief, was in response to Skip's implication that DIR had no official stance on the issue and is generally good advice. It's not my problem that people read into the statement. I wasn't trying to be an ***....just giving what I consider good advice. It is certainly the best advice I ever received regarding DIR.

Exercise option 1 on this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom