Boot for pressure gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mer:
Okay, then the bigger profile of any piece of gear, the more drag.

And drag is bad. When you are perfectly horizontal in the water, you notice all the little things that cause drag, if you're not horizontal it's a moot point.

Drag? If i have a boot on my SPG I am in drag?

mer:
Good point. My boots are size twelve with a steel toe and steel shank. Aside from causing extra drag I'd have to take weight off my belt.

rjchandler:
Drag? If i have a boot on my SPG I am in drag?
I haven't seen your trim, so I can't comment. :D

Seriously guys, this is pretty basic... we are in the DIR forum. To be philosophy compliant we do not take anything we do not need UNDERWATER.

I use a coosie to protect my HID above water, I don't bring it with me. If you want to protect your SPG above water, but the boot on, or put it in a padding case. But leave that stuff on the boat. If you can manage to bang you spg on something underwater with enough force to break it, that's probably one of your lesser problems.

cornfed:
Good point. My boots are size twelve with a steel toe and steel shank. Aside from causing extra drag I'd have to take weight off my belt.
Don't get me going on those damn rock boots :wink:

And Mr. lemming, stop trying to sneak in an ankle weight system. :D

mer:
I haven't seen your trim, so I can't comment.
Well, if Joe is wearing any type of lace trim I'd have to say he probably is in drag.

keep the boot, if you ever trade in, or up, put it back on in "like new" condition. also avoids the question, " where did the boot go?"

mer:

And drag is bad. When you are perfectly horizontal in the water, you notice all the little things that cause drag, if you're not horizontal it's a moot point.
Yes, its not necessary and its not DIR, but being able to notice the drag caused by an SPG boot is just not possible. You already cited some good reasons for not using a boot, you dont have to make up such incredible claims.

Actually the only offical stance I've seen is:

"It should be free from a bulky console and mounted in a clean area. "

Which does not preclude the use of a boot.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom