Booking Today/Tomorrow, but which hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thanks Sue Sue.

I contacted Blue Angel and WOW they're fast to respond via email. 4 night + 3 day dive package $381+taxes/person. Anyone know how much taxes are? If that's the case, doing that package and $300/person for airfare + dinner costs would end up being $50-$100 cheaper than the packages I listed above.

Thanks for the suggestion!!
I just booked with blue angel for 7 nights 5 days diving for 2 in May and was surprised to find them offer free lunch on dive days and 1 free dinner during my stay -BONUS!

Not sure if that's offered with shorter stays

good for you, The walk into town is fine, youll have fun there.

I don't really have much experience with various hotels in Coz, but I can say I was very happy with Caribe Blu. Sounds like the prices have also gone DOWN, as when we were there, no breakfast or Lunch was included with the room. Then again, we did not dive with Blue Angel.

If you want beach time, Caribe Blu is NOT the place. However if you dive the southern sites, your surface interval MIGHT be on a beach. Caribe Blu is close to town, less that I mile if memory serves, and has good shore diving (relatively speaking). It has a nice pool, but no beach.

I am a new diver by my log....but I am VERY comfortable in the water (after spending 16+ years as a competitive swimmer logging 30+ hours a week in the water). Being in the water is like being in my bed at home to me...very familiar. Yes, I haven't experienced very much diving-wise, but that will come. I'm already Adv, Nitrox, Rescue and working on my DM Cert right now (but gonna need these dives under my belt first haha).

Anyway, long story short, I'm up for just about any diving that Cozumel will offer. The deal at Blue Angel is going to be hard to pass up. All in all it sounds like a great trip at a great price.

OH and KRL1973...the dinner isn't included in the package, but lunches on the days you're diving is included.

I don't really have much experience with various hotels in Coz, but I can say I was very happy with Caribe Blu. Sounds like the prices have also gone DOWN, as when we were there, no breakfast or Lunch was included with the room. Then again, we did not dive with Blue Angel.

If you want beach time, Caribe Blu is NOT the place. However if you dive the southern sites, your surface interval MIGHT be on a beach. Caribe Blu is close to town, less that I mile if memory serves, and has good shore diving (relatively speaking). It has a nice pool, but no beach.
I have a plane ticket on overnight hold and an email into Blue Angel. I suppose I should phone them since I need a fast answer. Traveling alone this time, I am tempted to try a cheaper hotel.

Why do people dis the Blue Angel Beach? Sure you have to walk around the Sting Ray pen and the stairs are almost two blocks from the hotel, but for sun & sand, it's ok. The snorkeling & shore diving is getting better this far post-Wilma, altho it's not back to pre-Wilma. I was thrilled to see all of the baby urchins in the rocks close to the stairs after the spiny urchin was almost killed off in the Caribbean.

Hi Don,

I was not dissing the hotel, but they do not have a beach! :D Beaches, as a reminder, involve a lot of sand, and that goes out into the water so one can run around bare foot, run out into the water and swim, and it feels good vs. cutting ones feet!

If I were to travel to Coz with my family, it would be difficult, as they WOULD want a beach, not a pile or rocks, and they do not dive! For some, beaches are WHY they go on vacation, or why their non-diving counter parts may want to go. For divers, maybe not so much, but hard to say. :eyebrow:

Hi Don,

I was not dissing the hotel, but they do not have a beach! :D Beaches, as a reminder, involve a lot of sand, and that goes out into the water so one can run around bare foot, run out into the water and swim, and it feels good vs. cutting ones feet!

If I were to travel to Coz with my family, it would be difficult, as they WOULD want a beach, not a pile or rocks, and they do not dive! For some, beaches are WHY they go on vacation, or why their non-diving counter parts may want to go. For divers, maybe not so much, but hard to say. :eyebrow:
Oh I know you were dissing the hotel. I said: "
Why do people dis the Blue Angel Beach? Sure you have to walk around the Sting Ray pen and the stairs are almost two blocks from the hotel, but for sun & sand, it's ok. The snorkeling & shore diving is getting better this far post-Wilma, altho it's not back to pre-Wilma. I was thrilled to see all of the baby urchins in the rocks close to the stairs after the spiny urchin was almost killed off in the Caribbean."

I guess we differ on the sand extending into the water. There is indeed only one path in...

To add more confusion we were in this same situation a few weeks ago and decided to go with Casa Del Mar. It was the best value that provided what our group of divers & non-divers needed. They have a man-made beach at the hotel but included is use of Nochi-Cocom?? beach club which is supposed to be a better beach than the hotel. We have not made the trip yet so cannot recommend the hotel but we were considering Villa Blanca and wound up here after considering all the options listed above. Again this was a group decision and based on several factors but if you have not looked at this resort they were offering car rental and some other incentives on their webpage the other day.

Did your hotel reservation come with any food package? Breakfast/All-Inclusive. Casa Del Mar looks great and has comparable prices to Casa Mexicana from what I can see.

Casa del Mar is a comfy hotel. Stayed there a couple of times. Their breakfasts are great. The all inclusive is a good deal, but the dinner menu gets old after a few days. Depending on the prices of European Plan vs Breakfast Plan vs All Inclusive, don't plan on dinner there more than 3 nights maximum, IMNSHO.

Back
Top Bottom