Bonnie - Arg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Couldn't dive last weekend due to unfavorable water conditions on the beach and now this friggin Tropical Storm is gonna continue my angst. Needing to vent, a week is too long not to dive!

According to NOAA the storm could make landfall on the FL panhandle on Thursday. Next weekend might be OK to dive. Looks like we'll have another storm just entering the Gulf around that time though so the next couple of weeks will be interesting.

Vortex, suprbugman, Vortex . . . it's always fun to watch the rare, ellusive North American droop-tank silt kicker!!!!

We're in Marathon from Sat. 14 to Sat. 21. Got three days of diving planned and the lodging paid for. Now there's another storm in the tropics. How's that for Murphy's Law?

Time to work on your PADI Hurricane diving speciality course!
Chapter
1. Hold tanks open into the wind to fill.
2. Take dive flag to sailmaker and have reef points put in.
3. Extra lead to stop being blown off beach.
4. Tip DM before dive as he may not be there after dive.

The Kracken:
Vortex, suprbugman, Vortex . . . it's always fun to watch the rare, ellusive North American droop-tank silt kicker!!!!

Believe me, Vortex is in the back of my mind. I'm on a boat charter Sunday - the weather channel says it might be nice, however, like someone stated earlier. We have (TS#3)Charlie rolling into the tropics which will more than likely be a hurricane within a few days. Destin is my first fall back plan, but it may still be quite blown out being so close to PC. Fallback #3 is Vortex, I AM diving this weekend.

Last weeks night shore dive and this weekends shore dives were all mulligan! Waves are still up keeping me from doing a shore dive early this week and the end of this week I'll be out of town or at prior engagements. Saturday a friggin wedding, Sunday is the boat dive...

Any recommendations of a worthy sacrifice to Triton?

The wife and I were at Vortex this past Saturday. She's recently certified and wanted to work on her weight/trim/buouyancy in a very hospitable environment.

We booked an inshore with The Dive Locker for Sunday on one of their six-packs, but the captain called the dive due to the severe chop.

We went out and putzed about the jetties for a bit.

I have booked a 4 hour inshore in PC for this weekend (Saturday). I'm playing it by ear! Hydrospace told me to call on Friday Mid-morning to see if they are canning the dive.
Now I am wondering if it will even be worth going out this weekend even if the conditions are okay wouldn't the viz go to complete crap?

SuPrBuGmAn:
Believe me, Vortex is in the back of my mind. I'm on a boat charter Sunday - the weather channel says it might be nice ... Destin is my first fall back plan, but it may still be quite blown out being so close to PC. Fallback #3 is Vortex, I AM diving this weekend.

Sunday is the boat dive...

Any recommendations of a worthy sacrifice to Triton?
Hi BugMan,

Don't worry, we're going Sunday. Bonny will just be a memmory and Charlie (should have been called Clyde) will be north of Washington D.C. by Sunday. I just spoke to Chas at Scuba Professionals and he was less certain. He said to call in Friday after 3:00 p.m. and he will make the call.

If anybody else out there would like to join us, there is room on the boat for a couple more. To contact them:

Gulf Diver
Work Phone: 251-928-5550
Cell Phone: 251 767 3483
Orange Beach, Al
Orange Beach Marina
SCUBA Professionals is the shop that makes these reservations.

Eh, little correction :) Underwater Works is the SCUBA shop that makes the reservations and thats their number listed :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom