Bonex Scooter batterie test?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Bonex Reference Scooter, the battery is some years old. I would like to test the capacitiy. Any idea how to do this?

I could go into water and let it work at full speed until it is empty but I live in cold water area, so it's not the best idea.

Can I measure capacitiy by any battery tester?

You can hoop the battery up to a known load that draws X amount of amps. Now you time how long it is providing that amount of amps and at what voltage it is. Plot these parameters in Excel and you can get a good idea of what your battery is capable of.

You could buy a burn-tester or an electronic load, that's more expensive but more reliable as well.

There are bunches of battery testers (of varying capacities) which will display battery capacity available from Amazon. They range from tens to hundreds of dollars. I always test my DPV batteries before using after a winter layover.

I use the Foxwell tester for my 12 v toys.

I have a Bonex Reference Scooter, the battery is some years old. I would like to test the capacitiy. Any idea how to do this?

I could go into water and let it work at full speed until it is empty but I live in cold water area, so it's not the best idea.

Can I measure capacitiy by any battery tester?
Safest is to run it in a bathtub or water trough. Lock the trigger on and let it rip at the exact amp draw. The built in electronics will cut out at the appropriate minimum voltage.

Thank you. A friend of mine has a battery tester, I used it. 90% of capacity, that's good enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom