Bonaire Truck Rentals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmcdarris

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There are 2 of us traveling to Bonaire in September. Based on comments on SB, I am considering reserving a truck through Bonaire Truck Rental, as comments said it was locally owned, and I had a questionable experience with Hertz last year. Has anyone had experience with either Bonaire Truck Rental?

Used them twice, good experiences with one footnote. The good: solid trucks, very responsive, clear policies and contracts, pleasant folks. A Wi-Fi hotspot is available at no charge; in addition to working around the island, we‘ve used it to make up for meh coverage in rentals. Good to know: They require a deposit through PayPal, which means you end up with a PayPal refund. The hotspots are Huawei, which may raise concerns for some. The footnote: their tank racks are loose in the bed, and we routinely end up with a rank of tanks up by the cabin, which is inconvenient.

I'm happy to hear so many people are having a good experience with Bonaire Truck Rental. When we were there this Summer we discovered they no longer require a deposit through PayPal. They must have fixed the tank rack issues, as well, because ours did not slide around this time. My Wife and I have nothing but great things to say about Daniel and family!

We had a great experience through AB rental and they are the only operation on the island that has a $0 deductible. Airport pick up and drop off was timely and easy and we will definitely use them again.

We had a great experience through AB rental and they are the only operation on the island that has a $0 deductible. Airport pick up and drop off was timely and easy and we will definitely use them again.
Happy to hear you enjoyed AB. The '0' deductible is only if you're paying for full coverage. When we were there on our last trip Bonaire Truck Rental had reduced their deductible to $100 if you pay for full coverage.

You are 100% correct. Thanks for pointing that out. Our dive group felt like the peace of mind was worth it and it wasn't too expensive when split among 4 divers.

You are 100% correct. Thanks for pointing that out. Our dive group felt like the peace of mind was worth it and it wasn't too expensive when split among 4 divers.
Sure thing. Yeah, I agree. It is definitely worth it.

There are 2 of us traveling to Bonaire in September. Based on comments on SB, I am considering reserving a truck through Bonaire Truck Rental, as comments said it was locally owned, and I had a questionable experience with Hertz last year. Has anyone had experience with either Bonaire Truck Rental?
We are going in July of 23 spent a lot of time looking in to care rentals and dive shops around. But after reading many post believe we will be trying bonaire truck rentals ourselves!

Probably will get flamed by others but…. We used Ultimate dive truck in July and it was just that. Ultimate. The three of us had 12 tanks in the back at all times and the amenities were proper for 5-6 dives a day. The side lockable bins are so worth it. We could travel and lock up our stuff with no fear of it being stolen.

Kudos to them for running with this idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom