Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy - 5th Edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoatanMan:
I can imagine a map to the location, description (and drawing) of the shore, the entry tidal zone terrain, and a detailed underwater sketch of the dive.

But then again, I can imagine an awful lot.
Unfortunately in this case, your imagination exceeds what is delivered.
What you see here http://www.infobonaire.com/bsdme/book.html minus the pictures is pretty much what you get. (entry tidal zone terrain is included for some sites and it mentions in the book that you can pick up a map to the sites when you get to the island.)
Those are great ideas for a version 6 though.
The Lonely Planet dive & snorkel guide for Bonaire, though slicker, doesn't have all those either, although it does have a tiny map.

Susan, congratulations on the 5th edition, I've used earlier ones with satisfaction.

Pilot Fish, I've been doing a lot of business travel in the States and Canada over the past four years, and every car or truck I've rented right here in North America has had a warning -sometimes a sticker inside the trunk, or near the dirver's seat, sometimes in the paperwork - not to leave anything valuable in the vehicle.

Seems obvious.

Just received my copy of Bonaire Shore Diving 5th; valuable resource; dont expect a weighty tome; it is to the point, and very useful. I will be using it in July.
:coffee:

Stu...Enjoy your trip to Bonaire, you're gonna love it. I've dove lots of the islands and have worked on several others and I always take my vacation in Bonaire. Bob

***Moderator Note***

This thread is to introduce a new book, not to discuss crime issues. If you are interested in that please check this thread. Keep in mind that most off topic posts have been removed and all future off topic posts in this thread will be removed without notice.

Also, as this thread is about an item that is for sale it has been moved to the local marketplace.​

I got mine a few days ago. While the only map included is one of the far south of Bonaire, & it otherwise doesn't have pictures, the book's small, fairly thin form factor fits nicely in the back of my live log book (I've got one of those with what I assume is a nylon exterior, & a 3-ring binder interior).

Maps showing the sites, entry & exit graphically might be nice, but would greatly enlarge & raise the cost of the book.

As a companion for this book, I have the Franko's Bonaire Mini-Map & Reef Creatures Identification Guide. It gives me a map of the island, with the names of the locations, on one side (& reef life on the other). It also fits in the back of my log book. Seems to me like a good combination.

Richard.

justleesa:
***Moderator Note***

This thread is to introduce a new book, not to discuss crime issues. If you are interested in that please check this thread. Keep in mind that most off topic posts have been removed and all future off topic posts in this thread will be removed without notice.

Also, as this thread is about an item that is for sale it has been moved to the local marketplace.​

Thanks!!

I noticed the effoert to preserve the posts by relocating them to the appropriate thread.

drrich2:
I got mine a few days ago. While the only map included is one of the far south of Bonaire, & it otherwise doesn't have pictures, the book's small, fairly thin form factor fits nicely in the back of my live log book (I've got one of those with what I assume is a nylon exterior, & a 3-ring binder interior).

Maps showing the sites, entry & exit graphically might be nice, but would greatly enlarge & raise the cost of the book.

Dr Rich,

The map in BSDME shows sites not marked by the Bonaire National Marine Park and thus needed extra detail. The BNMP map that you will be given at orientation will be a great partner to the guide.

I hope you enjoy your BSDME. It was a lot of fun to do.

My fourth edition of Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy is well-worn and well-loved. It's the most useful dive guide I've ever owned. I'm looking foward to the fifth edition.
Can I assume it's available in Bonaire?
Have you considered marketing it on amazon or barnesandnoble.com?

timetraveler:
My fourth edition of Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy is well-worn and well-loved. It's the most useful dive guide I've ever owned. I'm looking forward to the fifth edition.
Can I assume it's available in Bonaire?
Have you considered marketing it on amazon or barnesandnoble.com?

Time Traveler,

Thank you! The 5th edition is much improved and is available at most dive operations as well as select retailers. Check my web site for the list.

I did think about putting it in the big guys hands but prefer having the customer contact. My hopes are that this edition will be as good a friend to you as the previous one was.:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom