Bonaire newb, looking to narrow it down re: house reefs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ralph,

Do you plan to boat dive or truck dive or some combination of the 2?

We stay at Capt Don's as we like to dive Cliff every day, the shore dive going north (to the right) from the dive dock....Cliff is also accessible from Coral Paradise, Dive Friends shop, etc. along the shore there. Just not as easily as from Don's.

Hi all,

Newbie to the Bonaire, have done some searching and lots of overwhelming information about this shore diving Mecca.

Wondering if some of you seasoned pros could help me narrow down some ideas on where to stay, who to use, etc.

I know most of this is subjective and very personal.

I'm more fascinated with macro video than anything, but do appreciate the wide angle as well.

Who has the best house reef?
Ease of access, tanks (daylight hours, 24hr p/up), ease of entry, lodging etc?

Is the reef shallow? Deep? Mid? (Ie, 20ft, 50ft, 100ft)?

What do you like it over other sites?

I'd like to get to know one or two sites really really well (ie 2+ dives/day), while checking out others.

As for lodging, nothing fancy required. Doesn't need to be a 'resort' nor hostel. Hot water is a nice luxury, AC not a requirement, hot plate & bbq/cooking pit would be nice, fridge.... And access to said house reef.

Nitrox appreciated.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Any insights?

_R

I stayed at Carib Inn and dove the house reef mostly at night. During the day I did their boat dives. I found the reef to be quite satisfactory for my needs. I also liked the fact that Carib Inn is a smaller operation and allowed me to dive solo.

Back
Top Bottom