Bonaire in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WMC

New
Reaction score
Hey folks! I am traveling with my family to Bonaire in June, we are all experienced divers. We have not been there before. Trying to decide on Captain Don's Habitat, Buddy Dive resort or the Plaza. Any opinions?
THANKS!

They're all nice.

For a more detailed answer...
Q: what's your experience?
Q: are you all dive nuts?
Q: how much diving do you want to do?
Q: Boat? Shore? Or both?

Yes, we are all dive nuts (my wife & I since 1981), we will do both boat and shore- My kids (17 & 15) have been diving for 3 years. Thx!

I'd say Buddy Dive (if only for the drive-thru tank exchange) :D

I am leading a group there June 25 to July 1 and staying at Buddy Dive. When will you be there?

Welcome to the board.

All are fine. The Plaza is a little more upscale and a little closer to town, not that any place is really far from town. Buddy has a really great staff both at the resort and the dive op, you can't go wrong with them. Their drive though air station is really nice.
I will miss both of you, I am at Buddy in late July.

There is the Helma Hooker, a 250 ft freighter which sank in 1984 and lies right off shore just north of Angel city reef.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Although I've heard nothing but good things about all of the places mentioned my wife and I stayed at The Deep Blue View. It's not on the water, it's up on the hill in the Republik section and has a beautiful view of the island. The owner, Menno, always made sure there were plenty of tanks ready and waiting for us at any time of day or night, including nitrox which we were using. He has them filled off-site so there's no compressor racket to listen to.

The Hilma Hooker is a great dive from either shore or boat. It has a few resident tarpon that are fun to check out. If doing it from shore try to go early because it's popular and the resorts go there with their boats which and make it crowded on the wreck. The nice thing about doing it from shore is that you can sit in the truck and wait for the boats to leave if they're there when you arrive. We really enjoyed it, next time we'll have to do it at night though. :) I have a fair amount of photos from Bonaire in my gallery if interested.

Thanks to all for the response! There are 6 of us going from June 6-3th, we will probably stay at Habitat or Buddy's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom