Bonaire airfare doubled for 2020 for Delta from AVL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firstly, the flight on Fridays only gets you into ATL and then you have to spend the night and fly out the next day.
No. Delta flies on Friday to Bonaire.
upload_2020-1-4_21-37-5.png

All I'm saying is I agree with his assessment of the original post. How is that hateful or sad?

No. Delta flies on Friday to Bonaire.
View attachment 559372

That’s a first. I’ve never seen the Friday flight actually arriving Friday. Thanks for posting that. I’ll keep a better eye out on those specifics. I always hate that it’s only Sat-Sat. I love when they have Sat-Sun. I hope this continues to be an option.

Has anyone noticed that the airfare for Bonaire has doubled in cost? I was just looking at flights for this year and it’s over $2000 round-trip for one person. I’m only looking at Delta so I’m not sure if it’s across the board. This really sucks. Points also doubled to about 147k. At that rate I don’t think I’ll be going back. Very sad since we go 2-3 times per year. Really hoping these come down.

Of course, the Op never said that (not did I) - We merely related personal and factual experience of airfare increases vs the past.

Actually, if you will take notice of the responses at the beginning of all this on the first page, everyone responded with fight prices from various locations. Everyone reading took it as most flights from most locations 'have doubled', which is completely inaccurate. In general, there look to be many many options to get there and back, at a reasonable 'normal' flight cost with most reasonable people. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something.

Much better, thanks. But you also ought to say "on Easter" because THAT is a large part of your problem.

Are you for real? Did you see the prices for June & July? They are elevated. Easter is irrelevant. It’s really sad that posting on this forum has resulted in this much “hate”, as it was put. This is why I don’t like forums. This is literally the only forum I post on because everyone in the past has always been so kind and helpful. Guess it’s just like every other forum. Why does anyone even care that I “claimed” the rates went up? Unless you work for the airline and have a vested interest. This is baffling to me. I stand behind what I said. THE RATES ARE HIGHER THIS YEAR VERSUS LAST YEAR. PERIOD

I think the problem is most certainly not everyone else if this happens to you in every forum you go to. All people were trying to do was help the poster find flights that were most cost effective. There are cost effective options, but somehow it's more important that you weren't wrong than anything else. You must be a pleasure to be with on a dive boat, god forbid a liveaboard....

I think the problem is most certainly not everyone else if this happens to you in every forum you go to. All people were trying to do was help the poster find flights that were most cost effective. There are cost effective options, but somehow it's more important that you weren't wrong than anything else. You must be a pleasure to be with on a dive boat, god forbid a liveaboard....

The fact that you’re still arguing, tells me more about you...

Funny thing is, I never personally attacked you. Nor am I trying to be right. I also appreciated people that offered other options. I thanked the person that uncovered Friday. So, I have no problem with you personally. I don’t post in forums because of this. Not because I personally have had issues. But, when people say I’ve unsighted “hate” it’s kind of hard to not wonder how that can be. It was an innocent post.

I hope this continues to be an option.
Delta's Friday flights to Bonaire are only at certain times of the year, and they are almost always cheaper.
You also have a Sunday option at certain times of the year.
Here is Delta's one-way price grid for AVL-BON:
upload_2020-1-4_21-46-34.png

Unfortunately, the Friday and Sunday flights are only in the winter. They actually stop that Apr 2-5 weekend.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-4_21-50-17.png
    upload_2020-1-4_21-50-17.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 110
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom