BON-IAH United flight check in time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillpusher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have premier access, so I'm not overly concerned for myself. But I met a couple this week that are wondering what time to arrive at Flamingo tomorrow for check in. I remember it being well before the flight, but I just came across this saying three hours: (???)

United’s Bonaire-Houston Flight Requires Three-hour Check-in | Bonaire International Airport

It's been a couple of years since I was last here. Do they (or myself as well) really need to be there that early?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Nevermind. They were told by someone 2 hours, which was what I had thought. I guess that notice on Flamingo's website is just to scare people into getting there WAY early.

Last edited:
2 hours is probably plenty of time. The screening AFTER ticketing can get to be a long line. We actually just got off that flight a couple hours ago. :)

We just got back from Bonaire. We were told by our friend, who lives on the island.. to check in a different way since we leave our rental in the short term parking.
We checked our bags early- 3 hours before, then went to our friends house for lunch. We returned an hour before flight left. There was no line at security and had only a minimum amount of time to sit at airport.
It worked out well.
This is going to be our leaving procedure from now on.

It all depends when the "other" flights leave.

Premier access gets you past the general riff raff for your flight, but there is only 1 security line for all of the flights leaving around the same time.

On our last trip we got there just before the 2 hour mark, checked in quickly due to only 2 others ahead of us in business line and joined about 15th in the security line. By the time we got to the front of the security line it stretched back past the arrival area. It took over an hour for that part of the line to get through security. I believe there were 4 flights departing within a few hours window.

So check the timing of other flights. There may already be a long security line up when you get there.

We just got back from Bonaire. We were told by our friend, who lives on the island.. to check in a different way since we leave our rental in the short term parking.
We checked our bags early- 3 hours before, then went to our friends house for lunch. We returned an hour before flight left. There was no line at security and had only a minimum amount of time to sit at airport.
It worked out well.
This is going to be our leaving procedure from now on.

The BON-IAH flight is at 7:30am, so 4:30am may be a little early for me to be knocking on doors for lunch...lol.
;?)

It all depends when the "other" flights leave.

Premier access gets you past the general riff raff for your flight, but there is only 1 security line for all of the flights leaving around the same time.

On our last trip we got there just before the 2 hour mark, checked in quickly due to only 2 others ahead of us in business line and joined about 15th in the security line. By the time we got to the front of the security line it stretched back past the arrival area. It took over an hour for that part of the line to get through security. I believe there were 4 flights departing within a few hours window.

So check the timing of other flights. There may already be a long security line up when you get there.

The article was specifically talking about the BON-IAH flight. I ended up getting there around 5:30 and there was next to nobody in either line at all. Not sure why they posted that telling people they HAVE to be there at 4:30am. That's just nutso.

The article was specifically talking about the BON-IAH flight. I ended up getting there around 5:30 and there was next to nobody in either line at all. Not sure why they posted that telling people they HAVE to be there at 4:30am. That's just nutso.
Several times I've gotten there and the computers were down, so all checking-in was by hand. The 2h was barely adequate.

Several times I've gotten there and the computers were down, so all checking-in was by hand. The 2h was barely adequate.
Well our security line slowness was due to computer failure. The emigration computers were down. She finally gave up and just waved us all thru.

There can't possibly be a 7:30am flight out of bonaire...is there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom