Bolt-snap setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattengstrom

Reaction score
Ok, I'm ditching my console in favor of a simple SPG.

SPG, marked in 100-psi increments - check.

Available D-Ring on left hip - check.

Rubber boot removed from SPG and nailed to tree per Uncle Pug - check.

Bolt snap - check.

Uhh - er - ummm - ok - how do I attach the bolt snap to the SPG? (Same goes for the bolt snap on the long hose.) I'm pretty sure that I'm NOT supposed to thread the hose through the solid-ring end of the snap. The pics online at baue.org don't really show the detail of this. There's a pretty good picture here but what is that black thing that they're using? An O-Ring? What size?

Thanks...

I second the use of cave line...much better than the o-ring method.

VTernovski:
be so to leave some slack on the line.. don't do it too tight against the bolt snap ring.
Why's that?

I loop mine around, then tie it in the middle to force it snug on both ends. It's very tight, and when it gets loose at all I cut it and re-do. Why slack?

I like putting a dab of superglue on the cut ends to seal it up completely.

I like superglue, but I don't bother with the ends, I use a lighter and melt the ends down so they don't fray, but I use a drop of superglue in the knot to keep it from loosening up.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom