Bohol or Dumaguete (after Southern Leyte)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beivied

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I am confirmed diving at Southern Leyte in April, and interested to dive in Dumaguete, after reading some reviews on the dive quality there. But it seems to be very far off from Southern Leyte. The original plan was actually to Bohol after SL. Any comments on whether Bohol will be better/nearer than Dumaguete? would one day travelling be enuff to reach Dumaguete? Thanks!

Travel time depends on type of transportation you take. You can either try to go direct or via Cebu, which is the central hub of the Philippines. Fly or take the SuperCat (Jet Ferry) and you'll be there in a few (3-4) hours.

you have to go back to cebu where you can catch a two hour ferry to bohol or four hour ferry to dumaguete.

thanks for the replies. what is the jetty to get to dumaguete? I am also trying to find out the ferry schedules so that I can try to match it with the time i can start to leave southern leyte and see if i can reach in time..

If you're too late for the ferry from Cebu to Dumaguete you could still get there by bus/coach (Ceres bus company) - 2.5 hour trip to the south tip of Cebu, then 0.5 hour crossing on roll on/roll off ferry, then another 40 min or so to Dumaguete. I missed the ferry, but managed to get the 1pm bus as detailed above.. Have fun.

Oh, a bit more info HERE about the Ceres schedules.

Bora_Horza:
If you're too late for the ferry from Cebu to Dumaguete you could still get there by bus/coach (Ceres bus company) - 2.5 hour trip to the south tip of Cebu, then 0.5 hour crossing on roll on/roll off ferry, then another 40 min or so to Dumaguete. I missed the ferry, but managed to get the 1pm bus as detailed above.. QUOTE]

Are you sure? I couldn't take the fast ferry from Dumaguete due to a storm coming through and got the Ceres bus the other way. I thought it was a bit longer. But figure 4 hours or so. I dived Apo Island from Libery Lodge. What shops are in the Dumaguete area and are the dives pretty good for the small stuff?

most shops are located in the outskirts of dumaguete, somewhere around dauin vicinity.

i dont think there are shops in dgte proper. but then the last time i was there was when i was still attending university.

jbb:
Are you sure? I couldn't take the fast ferry from Dumaguete due to a storm coming through and got the Ceres bus the other way. I thought it was a bit longer. But figure 4 hours or so. I dived Apo Island from Libery Lodge. What shops are in the Dumaguete area and are the dives pretty good for the small stuff?

rhadamantus:
but then the last time i was there was when i was still attending university.

did you meet any of the PPD lolo's when you were at uni? :joke:

jbb:
What shops are in the Dumaguete area and are the dives pretty good for the small stuff?

did they have fresh water at liberty lodge?
am planning a trip to dumaguete in june. found lots of dive resorts in Dauin including Atlantis, sea explorer and Scubaworld's bahura.

Back
Top Bottom