Bohol or Dumaguete (after Southern Leyte)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjb - yeah, maybe 4+ hours or so is a better time estimate.. It was a couple of years ago when I did this trip.

jigo - fresh water is ferried across to Apo every day, and at Liberty's they fill up a big tiled tank in your bathroom once a day (if you run out you can ask nicely and they may fill it again..) But they like you to ration your usage. You wash yourself with a bucket/jug from the tank - simple but efficient I guess. I had a good time there!

jigz, hook up with DM Marku (hes also here in Scubaboard), hell help you get the best deals. he's a dumagueten(i)o.

jigo:
did they have fresh water at liberty lodge?
am planning a trip to dumaguete in june. found lots of dive resorts in Dauin including Atlantis, sea explorer and Scubaworld's bahura.

rhadamantus:
jigz, hook up with DM Marku (hes also here in Scubaboard), hell help you get the best deals. he's a dumagueten(i)o.
thanks magz. will do that.

wow, marco, ure fast. its like you have an antenna searching for specific keywords and then u pop up when its mentioned. hehehehe.

I did S. Leyte to Bohol to Dumaguete (then Cebu) last year. If you have at least 4 days left after S. Leyte and you want to do both, then I suggest that the way to do the trip is to organize it through Sea Explorers in Bohol. They can save you a days worth of travel and give you a cheap transfer from Alona (Bohol) to Dauin (Dumaguete/Apo Island) via Balicasag, so you'll be diving along the way.

To go from S. Leyte to Bohol, the quickest route I found was to take the morning ferry from S. Leyte to Cebu, and then an afternoon ferry Cebu to Tagbilaran.

Back
Top Bottom