BOAT Dive Invite-Lake Pleasant Sat 09/13 w me & The Scubateers !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to Trips/Local Marketplace...

Umm...

Trips and Local Marketplace... Sand Sharks A place for posting about upcoming trips, classes and other events, whether they are non-commercial or commercial in nature.

Yeah, a lil confused why it was moved. Maybe my meet and greet will get moved, being it is a travel event to Dave and Busters. Bwah ha ha

Ed,

Its Matthew...how deep is Dam diving with the lake this low, any idea ? I can talk to Rob (boat captn/owner). if he would go to the dam on one of these sessions (or both). How deep do you think we'd have to go to get to the Dam right now ?
-- I will be there for BOTH sessions, helping on boat and diving...come out !! These guys are GREAT group of People !!

Matthew

Last edited by a moderator:
The new dam bottom depth (in the stream bed) is between 260 and 300 feet when full.
Source: Bureau of Reclamation: Lower Colorado Region, Phoenix Area Office - NEW WADDELL DAM

The old dam is around 160 and 200 feet when full
The best time to do the dam is in late September / October.

If I recall, last year we were diving the old dam around at this time.
Top of the dam was about 100 feet.

I have not been to the Dam this summer. Not sure how low the water level is currently. However, It's a fun dive (recreational or for techies). Pretty dark down there. Although, decent visibility as the 'water flow' is pretty good in that area.

jcf

Yeah, a lil confused why it was moved. Maybe my meet and greet will get moved, being it is a travel event to Dave and Busters. Bwah ha ha
I can if you want...:D

For me it just about is. Not to mention my friend who lives in Litchfield Park...

Last edited:
The new dam bottom depth (in the stream bed) is between 260 and 300 feet when full.
Source: Bureau of Reclamation: Lower Colorado Region, Phoenix Area Office - NEW WADDELL DAM

The old dam is around 160 and 200 feet when full
The best time to do the dam is in late September / October.

If I recall, last year we were diving the old dam around at this time.
Top of the dam was about 100 feet.

I have not been to the Dam this summer. Not sure how low the water level is currently. However, It's a fun dive (recreational or for techies). Pretty dark down there. Although, decent visibility as the 'water flow' is pretty good in that area.

jcf

Last October when we dove the dam the water level was...
Waddell Data as of 10/03/2007 10:24:59 AM

Lake Pleasant Water Surface Elevation:
Lake Pleasant - % Full:
Lake Pleasant - Surface Area (acres):
Plant Pumping(+)/Releasing(-) Flow (cfs):
River Outlet Works Flow (cfs):
Lower Lake Elevation:

The top of the dam was at 38ft...not a bad dive at all...we got down to 120 or so and it was dark and cold...but a great dive....

Right now the water level is at....
Waddell Data as of 09/08/2008 07:14:06 PM
Lake Pleasant Water Surface Elevation:
Lake Pleasant - % Full:
Lake Pleasant - Surface Area (acres):
Plant Pumping(+)/Releasing(-) Flow (cfs):
River Outlet Works Flow (cfs):
Lower Lake Elevation:

The top of the Dam would be around 50 ft right now...that wouldn't be a bad dive either!!! You just can't get down as far on the dam with the water at this level....

Somebody has to say it, so...

At some point we should schedule a dam dive. We'll put together a dam dive boat trip to go to the old dam. When we get to the dam top we'll be at around 50 feet. The dam visibility may not be very good so we should treat it like a dam night dive. It would be cool to find the dam construction village where the dam builders stayed. Either way it will make for an interesting dam dive report.

Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom