Bmoogle ... or "We're not in Cozumel anymore, Toto" ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmoogle (exp.) (1) what everything sounds like underwater; i.e., "Hi," or "Isn't this fun?" or "I am having a coronary" all sound like "Bmoogle" under water.

(2) any unintelligible utterance, particularly naughty words just barely missed.

(3) one of the Brominiad family of Peruvian ant eaters, known for their shrill night calls.

:lol: I like it.

I've had those conversations under water...

"Bmoogle?"

"Bmoogle!"

"Bmoogle bmoogle?"

"BMOOGLE, bmoogle! Bmoogle."

"Mmmmm. Bmoogle."

:)

glenn

do it easy:
I was worried about what bmoogle meant. :confused:
It can mean anything ... as described by Dave Barry in his article titled "Blub Story" ...

Dave Barry:
So anyway, I'm swimming along the reef, with my nervousness gradually being replaced by a sort of high -- a combination of fascination and amusement -- when suddenly I hear my SCUBA instructor, Ray Lang, make the following statement: "Bmoogle." Everything anybody says through an air regulator underwater sounds like "Bmoogle," which can mean: "Hi!" Or: "Isn't this fun?" Or: "I'm having a coronary seizure!" So generally people communicate with hand signs.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

do it easy:
I was worried about what bmoogle meant. :confused:

Heheheh, I didn't even notice that bit :winky: Then again I am always making up my own words. Anywhoozle, time to run :D

Thanks for the report Bob. A bunch of us SB'ers are diving the Sheridan, which is one of the best wrecks we have around here. I can't wait.

Thanks for the story Bob! Nothing quite like a long dive with a flooded glove is there? :wink:

H2Andy:
why do people dive up north?

why don't you guys just fill a bathtub with ice and dive in instead?

a lot shorter run to the heated blanket!

:wink:

LOL! My new class has a lot of swimmers in it and they were whining about the 81 degree water last night. I had told them to wear sweats but nooooo, they show up in their training swim suits. I like the bathtub of ice idea, maybe I'll tell them to try that at home :D Whining about 81 degree water when the water will be 55 when they certify :shakehead

H2Andy:
bmoogle (exp.) (1) what everything sounds like underwater; i.e., "Hi," or "Isn't this fun?" or "I am having a coronary" all sound like "Bmoogle" under water.

(2) any unintelligible utterance, particularly naughty words just barely missed.

(3) one of the Brominiad family of Peruvian ant eaters, known for their shrill night calls.

Is jeandiver the only exception to this? We were doing the galaxy dive at Ginnie and I could understand her clearly when she spoke into her regulator as we were cutting the glow sticks. I'm not sure what was cooler, the fact that I could understand her or the galaxy dive itself.
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom