Bluebonnet Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you *******s! :) Can I say that? I guess I'll find out when I post. I'll make a trek up to austin to go dive the hole and while I'm there I might as well dive the Lake. If anybody is interested I can show somebody my funky work schedule and make some plans.

Edit: The bleeped out word is supposed to be b-a-s-t-a-r-d. :)

amascuba:
you *******s! :) Can I say that? I guess I'll find out when I post. I'll make a trek up to austin to go dive the hole and while I'm there I might as well dive the Lake. If anybody is interested I can show somebody my funky work schedule and make some plans.

I really dont think this hole is going to be anything special.Probably just a silt filled bowl.Something different to do when you have dived Windy Point a Gazillion times.

amascuba:

:lol:​
I think the reason it gets bleeped is that it's not allowed here.

ianr33:
I really dont think this hole is going to be anything special.Probably just a silt filled bowl.Something different to do when you have dived Windy Point a Gazillion times.
If it's as deep as previous posted, it'll be something special, I think. And if there are active springs, it may be clearer at depth than you expect.

But then, since so little info is available, it may be a dud. :11doh:

ianr33:
Well y'all piqued my interest so I went exploring today and found Bluebonnet Hole. ... Can be accessed from shore with a bit of a hike. Figure 20 minutes+ ...
JonAustin:
Sooooo... Anybody been out there yet? Inquiring minds, and all.
I made an exploratory trip on 3-13, no diving, just looking. I took the attached photo from up by the dam. I am also attaching an aerial photo that I got out of a book at the library in Marble Falls. The caption of the photo is the only reference to this spot I have been able to find. The caption reads
"Aerial view over Marble Falls taken March 3, 1941 ... the river from just below the bridge all the way to the Bluebonnet Hole where the Colorado River emerges from the canyon that starts at the falls."​
The third is a clip from the USGS map of this area. It is very similar to one I already posted, but this one I checked the scale. It is 3100' from the top of the image to the bottom of the image.

Willie

I think it's time to rent some kayaks!

The expedition for this weekend has been postponed. I was going to play sherpa, but that'll have to wait for a better weekend. The photo does have me intrigued...

Edit: According to GIS data, the distance from The Ramp fishing camp to Bluebonnet Hole appears to be about 2200'.

rafaelaustin:
I think it's time to rent some kayaks!

The expedition for this weekend has been postponed. I was going to play sherpa, but that'll have to wait for a better weekend. The photo does have me intrigued...

Edit: According to GIS data, the distance from The Ramp fishing camp to Bluebonnet Hole appears to be about 2200'.

Now don't go renting any kayaks when YOU can own your own DiveYak,,,I have one up for sale and would be happy to deliver it south! :)

rafaelaustin:
According to GIS data, the distance from The Ramp fishing camp to Bluebonnet Hole appears to be about 2200'.
Ian said it was about a 20 min hike. Maybe we can find a better way to get in before next attempt.

ianr33:
... Can be accessed from shore with a bit of a hike. Figure 20 minutes+

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom