Blue Springs Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LuvsItWet just got wet last weekend. PM him. You can get the most updated water condition. I might jump in there before this comging weekend though.

It was around 60 degrees just below 20 ft. I didn't drop below 25 feet long enough to get a good reading. The surface was in the mid 70s. Change in water temps start to be noticable at about 18 ft.

khemicals:
Anyone happen to know the temp of Blue Springs as of last weekend or more recent? Am thinking of going this coming weekend.

It is supposed to be mid-upper 80's all week so it will start to warm a bit.

Water temps at BS typically max out around early to mid September. It will then cool off pretty quickly.

diver4christ:
It is supposed to be mid-upper 80's all week so it will start to warm a bit.

That probably won't change much down around 50 ft. Typically the temp that deep never exceeds about 48 degress. However, it does drop to around 40 in the winter. The coldest I have ever seen was 39 under the ice back in January 2001. The surface will probably hit mid 80s in early September. At that time the first thermocline will probably be a little less than 25 ft. The nice thing about BS is when you do a cold dive, ascending to 20 feet then feels like a hot tub. Very relaxing.

Slick6:
Was in the high 40s on the bottom a couple weekends ago.

It is the most updated water condition at BS unless you are diving today.

Temperature start of dive: 82 F
Water temp at 20 ~ 30 ft: 61 F
Water temp. at 30ft: 54 F
Water temp. max depth at 48ft: 46F

Dan Gibson:
The nice thing about BS is when you do a cold dive, ascending to 20 feet then feels like a hot tub. Very relaxing.

Heh pretty funny too, that one could consider 70 degree water like a hottub, but that's the way it feels. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom