Blue Springs Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson:
What's your size?

I tend to float between a medium and a large on most chart sizes. I am 6'2", 175 lbs (during the winter) with a 32" waist and inseam, 40" chest.

You won't fit my suit.

I was 5'-10" and 175 lbs when measured for this cave cut suit. My inseam is somewhere between 33" and 34". Waist was around 32" - 33" back then. A little more right now. My chest is 42". My foot is a 10-10.5

The cave cut is a snug suit. If I had my choice, the suit would have had about 1" more length in the legs and arms. The shoulders would have been just a tad wider. It's basically built upon a stock small from what I have been told. So it's going to be between a stock small and stock medium.

btw, the one great thing about a cave cut this close to fitting like a glove is that the telescopic section is only about a 1/2" in my case. The bad thing is it sometimes takes help to get my second arm into the suit.

crpntr133:
I tend to float between a medium and a large on most chart sizes. I am 6'2", 175 lbs (during the winter) with a 32" waist and inseam, 40" chest.

Wait, it is almost my size except the foot. I don't have a chance to be measured for DUI DS. I might be interested in your suit after finding the exact my size on the Dog's day. How long have you had it? How much do you ask?

I purchased it new from Extreme Exposure in June 2002. It cost around $2K brand new since it was a signature series (i.e. a package price that included P-valve, bellows pocket on the left and utility pocket on the right) and cave cut.The zipper was replaced just over one year ago because the first one broke.

I'll try and post some pictures soon. I doubt I would part with it for anything less than $900. I love this suit and can still barely fit in it, but I'm probably going to have go bigger. There are some minor wear marks on the turbo soles, They have been aqua sealed to prevent further wear. All tubo sole style boots will eventually do this if you wear Jet Fins. I even had DUI put an extra toe guard layer on to help prevent leaks. I intend to pressure test it soon to make sure there are no leaks.

I also have a DC that can be seen here:
http://www.allenhost.com/gallery/album189
This suit is in excellent condition. I would consider parting with it for $1K.

hoosier:
Wait, it is almost my size except the foot. I don't have a chance to be measured for DUI DS. I might be interested in your suit after finding the exact my size on the Dog's day. How long have you had it? How much do you ask?

It was nice and warmer weather, but there were all packed with the OW classes’ students. I was told there were approximately 80~90 new divers in the morning. Even, there were two OW classes in the afternoon.

Temp: 46 F @ 42.5 ft.

VIS: 3~5ft.

In addition, the guys including “crpntr133” from Brazil dive shop put the computer desk into underwater. So, you guys can check the email and surf the internet. I can install the wireless router next time. It is alsolutely free, but you have to register your MAC address.:wink:

That just makes navigating that much more fun
03.gif

hoosier:
VIS: 3~5ft.

That's true....

Moreoever, we don't need to take Limnology class to know water seepage again.
And, I need to get the decent compass, not digital one.

Dan Gibson:
That just makes navigating that much more fun
03.gif

There are several (I think 3) underground rivers that may feed the springs. Talk to the owner Rick. He mentioned it a while back. At certain times of the year you can see where the water weeps out of the ground around the site. Then of course you have heavy rainfalls (recent events) that just plain screw up the viz. Of course 90 OW students don't help much.

I think you will find that digital compasses just don't cut it. I would just get a Suunto SK6 or SK-7. The SK-7 works with up to around 30% tilt IIRC. The more you dive this site, the less viz you need to know exactly where you are. It's a pretty easy quarry to learn other than certain items aren't the best landmarks as they are moved quite frequently.

hoosier:
That's true....

Moreoever, we don't need to take Limnology class to know water seepage again.
And, I need to get the decent compass, not digital one.

We now have another land mark at BS. Saturday was the sinking of the comuter and desk. We had our problems but all went well. FYI, it is on the North wall, east of the boat that is North of the armored car. It sits in 30'. If you are on the next to most North dock it is 260 on the compass. Ok, how many did I loose on that?
It use to be bouyed but it seems that someone ( I won't tell that it was diver4christ) didn't tie the knot good enough and it let go overnight.

I got a really good nav dive in Sunday with a guy that had no idea of how to use a compass, even though he is AOW. Vis was way down most of the time but along the south wall was pretty good. In some spots it was literally down to 2'. When diving in those kinds of conditions watch out for armored cars, they sneak up on you. :D

There is hope for Brian, another C card in the works,

KNOTS FOR DIVERS
"A PADI Distinctive Specialty"
You can tell if someone is "all thumbs" by the knots they tie. Now you can learn how to tie the right knot at the right time in the "Knots for Divers" class. You will learn knots that are useful in rigging lift bags to objects for safe lifting underwater, dive flags, floats, anchors, and many associated lines on and about boats and docks. A must for Divemaster candidates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom