Blue Springs Quarry Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to Natural Springs once and I didn't like it at all. It's about 45 minutes from me (vs. Gilboa is probably an hour and a half). There are weeds (that's what I call them) everywhere and not much going on... and it's significantly colder there than other quarries I've been in (okay- that means Gilboa and Blue Springs!). It's neat that they give you an air fill so you only have to bring one tank and it "comes with" your entry fee... but you wait forever with your tank in a lineup...

That's just me. I would rather drive the 2 1/2 hours to Blue Springs... or 1 1/2 to Gilboa... or I'm figuring 2-2 1/2 to White Star where I've never been.

crpntr133:
And in December and January the viz is great. :D

I have seen different comments about Natural Springs.

Yes, we missed the ice diving last year.... Let's try it again this coming winter....:D

Oh~~~ Well... May we try a group deal, $10, at BS on Labor Day's weekend? :wink:

If you all ever get the chance to come over to IL you have got to go to Haigh Quary.It s our Carribbean Of The Midwest. It s $20 entrance fee and Air Fills are $7plus they do have rentals and a Food Hut.Lot s to see in the Quarry.

santafejoe:
If you all ever get the chance to come over to IL you have got to go to Haigh Quary.It s our Carribbean Of The Midwest. It s $20 entrance fee and Air Fills are $7plus they do have rentals and a Food Hut.Lot s to see in the Quarry.

Already been to Haigh and it is well worth the $20. Still get tickled to think that they have a rinse station and the water is pumped out of the quarry. Why not just get back in the water to rinse? If I had one complaint about Haigh it is the mosquitos (sp).

Weeds=fish and other aquatic life.
We have a back up for Labor day weekend, Portage. Personally I don't care if it is a total waste, I won't be at work for three day. After working long hours and 6 days a week all summer I am ready for a break. Besides I have two new lp85's that need to get wet.

crpntr133:
Already been to Haigh and it is well worth the $20. Still get tickled to think that they have a rinse station and the water is pumped out of the quarry. Why not just get back in the water to rinse? If I had one complaint about Haigh it is the mosquitos (sp).

We have a back up for Labor day weekend, Portage. Personally I don't care if it is a total waste, I won't be at work for three day. After working long hours and 6 days a week all summer I am ready for a break. Besides I have two new lp85's that need to get wet.
Yes that rinse station is something but it came in handy for me on Saturday. We could not find a table on the grass so we had to get a table on the sand and share the table with 4 other people.So after our 3 and last dive for the day we took our gear to the rinse station and got what sand there was off and headed for home. then it s another hour of cleaning all my gear at home.Lots of people do use that rinse station all thru the day, it does come in handy. .

crpntr133:

Ewww... I don't like weeds! They creep me out! LOL I guess just cause I don't know what kind of monster fish is in them. I tend to keep ample distance above the weeds, and if it's low viz, and I accidentallywind up in them... I just try to think happy thoughts till I get out of them!! LOL :D

I'll swim with the cuda and sharks anyday.... but keep me awaaaaaay from the weeds!
Yes... I know, I'm wierd. :wink: :shakehead

erparamedicI guess just cause I don't know what kind of monster fish is in them. [/QUOTE:
You got to watch out for those monster freshwater fish. I once had a carp cpme after me that I swear was the devil spawn of fish . . .complete with flashing red eyes and long, blood dripping fangs. :drejnd: Okay, maybe not the eyes and the fangs, but that fish was not happy with me.:D
And don't get me started on the bluegill. :jaws:

And, of course, when this supposed devil-carp came after her, she tried to hide behind me. Then she tried pushing me TOWARDS said flesh-eater. Poor little carp...just wanted to make a new friend, only to be rejected...

HA!! Little carp... ok, so there are some little ones, but I've seen some pretty big carp.... and they like the weeds!! LOL They can keep their weeds, I won't be visiting! Ha... I'm such a freaking wimp about the freshwater fish! LOL

But... like I said... I'll swim with the cuda and sharks any day! No problem there!

Back
Top Bottom