Blue Springs Flood Photos and Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Falling Rock Park..aka Joe's is a nice place. Not as nice as Haigh or Gilboa but not as far either.

BTW, July 4th weekend there will be a group diving @ FRP.

Falling Rock Park..aka Joe's is a nice place. Not as nice as Haigh or Gilboa but not as far either.

BTW, July 4th weekend there will be a group diving @ FRP.

All dislocated BS divers are invited to FRP, we usually have a pretty good turn out and a fun weekend! :D Camping sites available.

Joe's Falling Rock Scuba Park
DSC00877%20%20(Small).JPG

Located in LaGrange Kentucky, is a Scuba Training facility that is open to local dive centers
for training, or certified scuba divers for some fun filled diving.
The Quarry Usually Opens the 2nd Weekend in May and Closes the 1st Weekend in November

Hours: Saturdays & Sundays 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Cost: $15.00 per day, per diver.
Note: No one under 18 is allowed on park grounds unless enrolled in a scuba course!
There is no compressor on site so be sure and bring full tanks.
Links to local dive shops,
Louisvillescubadive.com
Kentucky Scuba Diving Louisville Kentucky Scuba Diving in Louisville Kentucky Home
Kentucky Diving HQ - Louisville Ky scuba shop-your scuba headquarters

Directions
From I-71 take exit 22 LaGrange. Go into LaGrange N53, cross the RR tracks
and take a left at the flashing light onto Jefferson st.
Take a right onto 4th street, follow 4th street, it turns into Fendley Mill Road.
The quarry is around 2.1 miles after your turn onto 4th. Take it slow, it is a
winding road. The quarry is on the right after you cross a bridge on a sharp
turn.

Don't forget a hood. We don't call them piranhagills for nothing.

Dude, what do you care??? Blue Springs is just a memory for you now that you are in God's Country :) Although, about now BS surface temp is warmer than where you're at.

It's still shocking. Sucks to be you guys :mooner:

e-coli is also a major concern I have. I would want to see test results before I was comfortable diving there again.

What about Haigh? It's actually closer by a hair than Gilboa and a great training quarry.

Another option would be Joe Clark's Falling Rock Park in La Grange KY just NE of Louisville. That would be a great option for the Cinci folks. I'm surprised they haven't moved there some time ago.

Actually, may go to Haigh for that reason on the 22nd. Need to do a Deep AOW dive for some students that couldn't as I had sinus issues. Since I don't have a Deep specialty student that day, I can go to Haigh. The only reason I don't do Haigh more often is the camping thing. BUT, where else can ya rent scooters???

Joe's, I will need to go once before I take students. Call me old fashioned :)

It's still shocking. Sucks to be you guys :mooner:

yes it does! You left at the right time. All I can say is I am looking forward to late July and diving the Pacific w/you, Ashley and my niece and her fam :)

Another option would be Joe Clark's Falling Rock Park in La Grange KY just NE of Louisville. That would be a great option for the Cinci folks. I'm surprised they haven't moved there some time ago.

I think we'll be heading down there Sunday to check it out.
I'm guessing the two main reasons people didn't switch from Blue Springs to Falling Rock were that BS has/had a compressor and was open 24/7.

We only have two tanks so a site without a compressor doesn't allow us to get as much diving in... Although I guess if we could get decent cave fills in Cincinnati it wouldn't be as much of an issue... :)

Post deleted .... Censored myself :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we'll be heading down there Sunday to check it out.
I'm guessing the two main reasons people didn't switch from Blue Springs to Falling Rock were that BS has/had a compressor and was open 24/7.

We only have two tanks so a site without a compressor doesn't allow us to get as much diving in... Although I guess if we could get decent cave fills in Cincinnati it wouldn't be as much of an issue... :)

Fills are about 10-15 minutes away from FRP. I know that Land Locked posted times but I have never seen Joe tell somebody that he was closed. Joe literally lives at the quarry.

... am looking forward to late July and diving the Pacific w/you, Ashley and my niece and her fam :)

Do you have any specific dates planned out? Let me know so I can schedule it in. Must make sure to leave work early those days ;D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom