Blue Spring (Orange City) Sat. May 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Simbrooks and I are planning to dive Blue Spring to shake out
new equipment. ETA is 1:00 p.m.

does anyone know if there's a place to rent two steel 95 tanks
near there?

Heh, i am up for that trip, but i might have to cancel that other trip this saturday that i had arranged with H2Andy. :wink:

Will see if ScubaQuest rents the 95's, let you know soon.

H2Andy:
new equipment.

New stuff! what did you get? tell us... tell us....... :jump013: :jump013: :jump013:

Personally i have a new long hose, which i should have attached prior to the weekend, a new wrist slate - not too hard to work out really. Beyond that i have new stuff, but not going to use it in the cavern (reels etc) as not trained yet.

As for Andy, not really sure what he has, wants to work with the 95 tanks, but beyond that???? As for the tanks, just called ScubaQuest and they dont rent them, only sell them - sorry, guess its up to you now or you can borrow one of the couple i will rent this weekend?

bummer... let me think on the tanks. also, don't confuse me, Simon (oh so easily done). we're on for this coming Saturday, the 22nd, right?

scbababe: i am so serioously stoked! got an aluminum backplate, with Venture
(Dive Rite) wings and am dying to try it out!

Still on, let me know if you want to borrow some of my rented tanks, i can get them re-filled before we leave on friday night or saturday morning. Are we still on for 2-3 dives though? Essentially my "new" stuff wont be quite as much to play with, but i will still get wet.

Sorry for the confusion, it was meant as a joke that i would have to quite my plans with you we discussed to go with you on the posted trip - just me bored at work!!! :wink:

H2Andy:
scbababe: i am so serioously stoked! got an aluminum backplate, with Venture
(Dive Rite) wings and am dying to try it out!
Uh-oh, i can see myself giving someone else extra weight for the dive with all that new light stuff! First one will definately be a test out dive for your new weighting with new gear. :wink:

H2Andy:
Simbrooks and I are planning to dive Blue Spring to shake out
new equipment. ETA is 1:00 p.m.

does anyone know if there's a place to rent two steel 95 tanks
near there?
You will be getting there via I-95 right? If you travel I think its one exit past the I-4 exit and go into port orange there is a dive shop called Spruce Creek Scuba, they may rent that size tank. www.sprucecreekscuba.com

wendy, you are batting 1000 when it comes to helping me...

Spruce Creek does have steel 95's and i'm all set with them.

THANK YOU!

So are you happier now Andy? I will still bring 3 full tanks just in case we do 3 dives that afternoon. 1 pm just inside the gate (they let you park in the layby just after showing your card or at least did last time i was there). Do we expect anyone else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom