Blue Hole Feb 11th-12th 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Feb 18th is Saturday in Texas and most of the other states. Click here
:lol:​

Opps! You got me! and I'm not even blonde...... Make that the 19th........

go smoke another ciggie would ya???:D:D

How can anyone dive blue hole more than once, and not get bored. I dove it last month for the first time, and it was cool, but once you get in, man...

Also, someone should try doing a giant stride off the very top cliff with doubles.

Jorbar1551:
How can anyone dive blue hole more than once, and not get bored. I dove it last month for the first time, and it was cool, but once you get in, man...

Also, someone should try doing a giant stride off the very top cliff with doubles.

Blue hole is about the closest clear water place for the divers in Colorado to dive. I just want to get wet, I don't care if there isn't much to do there. Bay Islands in May will satisfy my visual needs. Ha!
Happy Diving!!!

Jorbar1551:
San Ramon to San Francsio: Total Est. Time: 39 minutes, Total Est. Distance: 34.80 miles

Denver to San Francisco: Total Est. Time: 18 hours, 3 minutes, Total Est. Distance: 1270.62 miles

Plainview to Los Angeles: Total Est. Time: 16 hours, 12 minutes, Total Est. Distance: 1146.76 miles

But you did get to dive a volcanic vent once. It's all we have for training and practice.

Yeah, right - I'll stick to doing forward flips off the diving platform.

Jorbar1551:

Not sure what you mean by once you get in, man...

The simple explaination is that I really enjoy diving. If you think the Blue hole is bad, you should do a few dives at Aurora Res. :11:

We go there because even if it's a long drive, we can dive it in winter, and I can spend a weekend in relatively warm water, do a few dives, and it runs about $100 for the trip. Good buddies, some diving, a couple nights out, and all and all it's a nice way to spend a weekend.

I have a friend who logged 100 dives there before he dove ANYTHING else. He was a DM in training at the time, but there are plenty of instructors who dive and train there at least once a month, and still enjoy going back.

Sure, I'd rather be diving somewhere great, but the Blue Hole is fun, and even if I'm ready to leave after a weekend of diving, I find myself longing to go back in a couple months if I have not dove anything else. In the winter, it's about all we have, and after you have dove poor vis a few times in the summer here, one longs to be able to see more than 5feet.

Maybe I'll get bored with it over time. :wink:

Totally agree with the others. It's not the most scenic dive location on earth, but it's got a lot going for it as well. Clear waters, stable water temps, easy access and the weather is usually pretty good so you can dive year around.

We go there and just work on buoyancy skills, S-drills, valve drills and the like. Run some lines and mess around a bit and 45 mins have gone by. Diving is mostly a social activity anyway, and if you meet friends there and have fun during the SI it doesn't really matter does it?

Next time you're over there, plan on working on your skills with some definite goals.

If all you ever do is dive great dives, you never get to work on skills. Blue Hole gives us a chance to work on skills, be introspective, and get tuned in. When we get a chance to dive in Coz we are ready and competent.

We also have fun hanging with friends in the parking lot, having some good mexican food, and comparing gear and talking shop with other divers.

I'll be there on the 18th and 19th of FEBRUARY. ABQDiver (Kevin right?) is gonna be there then. Anyone else?

large-smiley-005.gif

Back at cha bud, hope all is good today for everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom