Blue Hole Divers....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pipefish:
As far as I know, they (staff) pay the same rate as the students....

PF
I believe our rate is $66 or so (could by $68) per night for double occupancy. The staff and students all pay the same.

Know of any hotels in Santa Rosa that have an indoor pool? Are they all pretty close? I saw the Comfort Inn had an indoor pool...wondered about others.

Dec 10 and 11th.. tempting...tempting. Trying to figure out what my cost would be driving from Dallas.

Gas? $100
2 Night Stay? $150
Entrance/Park Fees? ?
Air / Nitrox Fills? $30
Diving with people you met online? Priceless

I won't know 100% if I'm in til Dec 1st - hopefully there'll still be enough time to book a room and meet up with you guys.

D.

Anyone who wants to use the $56 AAA rate at the Best Western Adobe Inn is welcome to do so. Book it that way, and if they ask to see the AAA card, tell them you're with Don Henderson, and I'll show it to them. Hell, I'll email you a copy if you'd like...??:D

Let me correct some of your figures...
Daylonious:
Dec 10 and 11th.. tempting...tempting. Trying to figure out what my cost would be driving from Dallas.

Gas? $100
2 Night Stay? $125 on above rate, private*
Entrance/Park Fees? $8 for 2 days
Air / Nitrox Fills? $30 would pay for 6 air tanks
Diving with people you met online? Priceless

I won't know 100% if I'm in til Dec 1st - hopefully there'll still be enough time to book a room and meet up with you guys.
*Cheaper at Motel 6 and/or share room
D.
Book the room now, cancel later, if you want to control the possibilities...

Know of any hotels in Santa Rosa that have an indoor pool? Are they all pretty close? I saw the Comfort Inn had an indoor pool...wondered about others.
:hmmm: I wonder if the Conmfort allows scuba gear in their indoor pool? Yes, all the hotels are close, on old Rt 66 - either side of the I-40 freeway.

Dec 10th? hmmmm. I'de love to go. I'll try. The weekend before that is an OW class in Balmorhea. I'll have to see how much money I spend them. I might go ahead and book a room though. Maybe I'll just drive up for the day. It's a 3 hour drive from my mom's house. What time do yall usually get in the water???

DandyDon:
Anyone who wants to use the $56 AAA rate at the Best Western Adobe Inn is welcome to do so. Book it that way, and if they ask to see the AAA card, tell them you're with Don Henderson, and I'll show it to them. Hell, I'll email you a copy if you'd like...??:D

Let me correct some of your figures...

Book the room now, cancel later, if you want to control the possibilities...

:hmmm: I wonder if the Conmfort allows scuba gear in their indoor pool? Yes, all the hotels are close, on old Rt 66 - either side of the I-40 freeway.
Silly Don. I won't use the indoor pool for dive practice. It's in case I have to take the anklebiters!!! My husband might have to go chasing his dumb dogs aimlessly around every milo field in KS...I mean he might go hunting. :)

:dork: <<< Silly Don

HilaryRN71:
My husband might have to go chasing his dumb dogs aimlessly around every milo field in KS...I mean he might go hunting. :)
We all have our "vices" don't we??

I do prefer hunting underwater pictures to hunting on land though......

I pretty sure that the La Quinta, Comfort Inn and the hotel that was once the Holiday Inn Express at the East end (can't remember the new name) also has one.

HilaryRN71:

La Quinta has an indoor pool. They also have a nice Jacuzzi which after diving IMO is what may make them worth the extra expense.

The pool is small, and unless you are REALLY into a pool after diving all day, not something that IMO is all that necessary. If my family wanted to go down, I'd maybe opt for the pool, but otherwise, I'll get my fill of water when at the hole.

RonFrank:
La Quinta has an indoor pool. They also have a nice Jacuzzi which after diving IMO is what may make them worth the extra expense. .
Jacuzzi after diving?! :11: See this Diving and Jacuzzi...OK to Mix??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom