Blue Hole Divers....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'de like to meet some Blue Hole people. I dive there all the time and have never met a ScubaBoard member. I think it would be cool. Anyone go there pretty often? We do AOW classes there. Next class is Feb. 11-12.

scubajoh44:
I'de like to meet some Blue Hole people. I dive there all the time and have never met a ScubaBoard member. I think it would be cool. Anyone go there pretty often? We do AOW classes there. Next class is Feb. 11-12.

I go a few times a year. With gas prices as they have been, it's tough, but that is slowly getting better. I generally post when we are going. Unfortunately trips I have attempted to plan have been cancelled of late. I'll get there likely two or three times over the winter....

Cool. PM me if you think you might be there in Feb.

Anyone know if the Hole is back open? Or is tomorrow the first day it's supposed to be open again. I just called Stella, but no one home.

We are going out today! I talked to one of the State Police divers yesterday that had been cleaning it out and was told they got some work done, but not as much as they would have liked. They worked up to about 2pm Friday and the viz was clearing out nicely at that point. Hopefully, by today it will be ok. Shouldn't be any worse than after a weekend of AOW classes......:D

I will report the progress and conditions on the return!

Our little group usually goes out at least once a month, around the third Sunday for practice and social interaction. Hope to catch up with you one of these days scubajoh44!

scubajoh44:
I really want to get to the Blue Hole. I couldn't go today because I extended my stay in CA and didn't get back into my hometown in Southern NM until last night at 9 pm. After driving 740 miles yesterday...just couldn't do it. But I'd be ready to go sometime in Dec. or Jan!

I'd consider a Blue Hole trip in Feb - never been there before and would welcome diving somewhere new.

I'm in the Dallas area, so not sure how long the drive is (I'm sure it's a trek). But keep me in the loop for a possible road trip / SB weekend.

D.

Daylonious:
I'd consider a Blue Hole trip in Feb - never been there before and would welcome diving somewhere new.

I'm in the Dallas area, so not sure how long the drive is (I'm sure it's a trek). But keep me in the loop for a possible road trip / SB weekend.

D.
:lol2: Total Distance: 533.0 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 7 hours, 57 minutes

Back
Top Bottom