Blue Hole Dec 18th~20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have fun down there. Air temps have warmed up nicely here in Taos so Santa Rosa might be down right balmy. I bet Perch will be sweet this time of year, especially in a new Whites dry suit.

We will be doing at least one perch dive - I would expect temps in the high 40s to 50s.

See you there!

Perch lake was rather refreshing diving in a wetsuit, a pleasant 40F. The water was crystal clear because no one else was stupid enough to dive it except us.

We should have dove Perch first thing Sat morning. We were going to dive it as our third dive Sat, but it we discovered that temps were approx 39F, and we skipped Perch and did another BH dive instead.

I honestly think we SHOULD have done it, but 39F is some cold water.

Coming back from Santa Rosa, we were on the Colorado side of Raton Pass in the dark. We were in the left lane on a curve and suddenly confronted a boulder the size of a beach ball in the middle lane. I almost missed it.

Our van was disabled by the collision, even though we couldn't see any real damage. We had no cell phone coverage there, so Geoff and I hitched a ride into town while George stayed with the van and almost got hit by a semi that hit the same rock and lost control. I called AAA and we got a tow truck.

We spent the night in Trinidad, which is where we are now as I type. We still haven't figured out what we are going to do to get out of here.

They are having a special on sex change operations. It is tempting.

Coming back from Santa Rosa, we were on the Colorado side of Raton Pass in the dark. We were in the left lane on a curve and suddenly confronted a boulder the size of a beach ball in the middle lane. I almost missed it.

Our van was disabled by the collision, even though we couldn't see any real damage. We had no cell phone coverage there, so Geoff and I hitched a ride into town while George stayed with the van and almost got hit by a semi that hit the same rock and lost control. I called AAA and we got a tow truck.

We spent the night in Trinidad, which is where we are now as I type. We still haven't figured out what we are going to do to get out of here.

holy schnikies! Glad you are okay. :shocked2:

John,

I just signed in again (from early this morning, before your post). So sorry to hear about the collision.

I can come down tonight and pick up some of you and your gear and take you back to the shop (where I assume most of your vehicles are) or to your home. I can leave with about 30 minutes notice. It won't get you back home until late tonight, but it would allow those of you who have to work to get there tomorrow. I don't have any of your phone numbers, but I'm PMing mine to you after I send this. Please call if I can help!

I have Superduty crew cab so I can take up to 4 with most likely all your gear too.

-Rick

Back
Top Bottom