Blue Hole Dec 18th~20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James, about the earliest I would want to leave is maybe 11:00am from the Downtown area. I could take the day off if that becomes necessary. Let me know/post once you figure out who is going. Tom will NOT be going (I don't think anyway), so we can share a room, or if you fill a room, I can work things out with others.

I'll talk to Kevin and see what he is up to if he does not respond on this thread. However the weekend before XMAS is a busy time of year for a lot of folks.

Weather can be anything from 50~60's to miserable cold and even snow! :shocked2: I'm hoping for the former. Kevin would come in handy if the weather is cold, but we can also just go to the room between dives if the weather is pure cold. That is usually not necessary, but there was one weekend where Kevin put up the bill board around the table, and we had portable heat. It was still cold, but out of the wind and workable.

That was a trip where just getting out of the water froze the hands before you could get the gear off. Let's hope for a nice warm weekend in December, which is not that uncommon down there.

We will have a small crew out at Rock Lake.

...you do want your bathroom back, don't you? :blinking: Oh, and I need to do some Christmas shopping too...but I will go for sure the next time it's planned.

Justin and I are planning on leaving Friday morning. We both have some new equipment we'd like to sort out on a daylight dive (before the normal twilight/night dive) on Friday. I plan on bringing a grill and we'll probably throw on some burgers or brats - something quick. If anyone else would like to use the grill, your welcome to it. We decided not to try and organize a "pot-luck" for this weekend. And, if the weather is too cold or windy for the grill to stay lit, we can always get something at Subway.

I'm taking my truck - a white 4-door Crew Cab Superduty with a white shell. Looks like it's Justin and maybe Tino (Winterhawk) if he can get away early, and I.

Justin - should I call for reservations??

I am going to roll into town for a few dives Saturday / Sunday. I was thinking about diving Perch lake or someplace in addition to the B/H. Does anyone have a good idea on the water temperatures are (other than the B/H)?

I am going to roll into town for a few dives Saturday / Sunday. I was thinking about diving Perch lake or someplace in addition to the B/H. Does anyone have a good idea on the water temperatures are (other than the B/H)?
We will be doing at least one perch dive - I would expect temps in the high 40s to 50s.

See you there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom