Blue Hole Aug 18th~19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Looks like a number of folks from RMO, and most likely ABQ will be at the Hole in Aug, on the third weekend which is the 18th and 19th.

I think I have a ride down, but I am looking to split hotel costs (approx $50 a night) with someone if anyone is interested. Heck I can drive (Denver area) if someone wants to split gas as well. I just purchased a Subaru Outback, so my gas guzzling Truck has been replaced for long trips! :D

In any event, I know AQBDiver will likely be down on Sunday, and if he is there, there will likely be more! A1 is there with likely a big group (they don't do it any other way).

I would be interested in Perch, if anyone who is unfamiliar with that Lake wants to dive it. I alway have a great time, so let's get together!

I know it's shocking :11: , but I'm teaching that weekend at blue hole. I've actually never dove Perch and would love to check it out if I can somehow eek out a little time... maybe a night dive there? :rofl3:

I'll be in Cozumel, but am looking to do with September 15-16 trip to the Blue Hole with A1.

pipefish:
I know it's shocking :11: , but I'm teaching that weekend at blue hole. I've actually never dove Perch and would love to check it out if I can somehow eek out a little time... maybe a night dive there? :rofl3:
The only reason I signed up was because pipefish was teaching!

pipefish:

Darling, I think you have been outed! :11:

I've never done Perch in the summer. I dove it last Nov or December, and the vis was outstanding. What a lake dive truly SHOULD be, but it was butt freezing cold (41F)! I dove it in maybe April, and vis was also great, until the rescue dive class got in the water, and could not seem to keep off the bottom. :shakehead

Perch is about a 5 minute drive from the Hole, so it would be easy to check out the vis to decide if it's worth diving. If you stand on the dock, and can not see the bottom, I'd say it's likely a no go.

BigBubbaJ:
The only reason I signed up was because pipefish was teaching!

Honestly, while Pipefish is great, I can't think of a bad instructor with A1. I don't know them all, and I'm sure some are better than others!

When Tammy and Pipefish are together teaching two OW classes, look out! There is going to be some very loud, and out of tune singing! :rock_band

I think they close the gate to Perch at 6pm, unless you make prior arrangements with the fuzz. I dove it when they were dredging the hole, it was piss-warm above 20ft and the viz was good when I was putting ropes in, not so good when I was taking them out after classes. Sounds like the hole is gonna be stuffed, we have 4 x 8 open water and 7+ advanced so far.

Anyone know if the parking lot will be open? I heard it was going to be closed during construction of the dive center.

RonFrank:
Darling, I think you have been outed! :11:

Rut roh raggy! Maybe not. Hope springs eternal ya know.

jchull:
Sounds like the hole is gonna be stuffed, we have 4 x 8 open water and 7+ advanced so far.

Anyone know if the parking lot will be open? I heard it was going to be closed during construction of the dive center.

So you have 39 divers coming down with A1? If that correct?

Wow!

Construction on the dive center does not start until late Sept, or early Oct, or at least that is what I got from Stella last time I was down (July). They don't seem to have their STUFF together very well, but they must start construction, and use some of the money they have been awarded, or they loose it. I'm not sure when that is but my guess it is the end of the Federal Fiscal year, which would be Oct 1, 2007

Back
Top Bottom