Blue Hole Aug 18th~19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not with A1, how many are they bringing?

jchull:
I am not with A1, how many are they bringing?

Ohh good gawd! So are you saying you are with another CO shop that is brining 39 divers! Wow, this may turn out to be a mess! :D A1 rarely shows up with less than 30.

Well there are two platforms, and usually they go in shifts..it will just be long days for teh instructors..Stay on the bottom Ron :)

And maybe you will have to go check out perch lake after all.

georoc01:
Well there are two platforms, and usually they go in shifts..it will just be long days for teh instructors..Stay on the bottom Ron :)

And maybe you will have to go check out perch lake after all.

Seven advanced students doing deep, plus whatever advanced A1 is bringing, plus god knows what other shops will be there. New advanced students are just that generally, and they will likely all be kneeling on the bottom, i.e., boom, silt out!

I'm actually quite surprised that the CO shops are going down. Generally this time of year they do local OW CO dives, and don't hit the Hole much.

Well, I'm sure that even if there are 150 people there (I've seen at least that many, likely more) it will still be fun. But vis will suffer.

pipefish:
I know it's shocking :11: , but I'm teaching that weekend at blue hole. I've actually never dove Perch and would love to check it out if I can somehow eek out a little time... maybe a night dive there? :rofl3:
With the algae bloom, it WILL be a night dive..........:D

I'm planning to be there on Sunday, got something to do on Sat.

ABQdiver:
With the algae bloom, it WILL be a night dive..........:D

I'm planning to be there on Sunday, got something to do on Sat.

Welcome Back!

How was the trip? Did the housing work out well for you?

I look forward to hearing a trip report.

RonFrank:
Welcome Back!

How was the trip? Did the housing work out well for you?

I look forward to hearing a trip report.

Everything was great!! Dives were awesome, water was 86°!!

RonFrank:
Who all from ABQ is going to be down this weekend? Kevin? Anyone?

At this point I'm planning on driving down alone, and camping! :dork2:

I have SB stickers for anyone that wants them! :D

Not sure of the count from ABQ, I'd guess around 6-8 or so. Should be interesting with all the "other" divers there!! Let's practice running lines at the bottom!!

ABQdiver:
Not sure of the count from ABQ, I'd guess around 6-8 or so. Should be interesting with all the "other" divers there!! Let's practice running lines at the bottom!!

I wish I could join you but I will need to pass. Have fun!

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom