Blue Heron Twilight Thurs. July 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we can get a sitter, Brian and I would like to join this little excursion if don't mind two more people! Grier, are you going (we met you on The Diversity with Cpt. Tony & Walter)?

Pandie:
Isn't there a dive shop just west of there? I don't have tanks, so I'd have to rent one en-route.

There is a ForceE shop along the way (Blue Heron just west of US1). I believe they are open until 9pm...845-2333.

Hopefully we will see you there!
Sandy

caught high tide this morning down there, it was pretty cool being the only 2 divers in the water..... Sad to report we saw a beautiful angle fish that some friggin moron speared, the beaut looked like it had had the wound for a bit, hopefully she'll survive. Lots of octups, one really big one that wouldn't budge out of its shelter, scorpin fish, a few small stingrays, (yummy) flounder, 2 eels, and tons of other fishes everywhere..... I dive this area very often, and today there just seemed to be more than usually amounts of fish.... (maybe because we were the only ones in the water?)

Hope to see everyone out there tonight, gota run and get batteries for my light!

Dangit! I am working tonight... hopefully I can catch the next trip.. I will be thinking of diving instead of working all night now!!

Hey! That was fun! Hopefully we can do it again soon. The after sunset thing turned out to be a non-issue, so next time we can stay a little longer.
So, I was looking specifically for frogfish, seahorses and octopae. I didn't find any frogfish or seahorses, but I did find four octopae. Three of them played with me, one even went for a little ride. The one that didn't play was a different kind... I'll have to look in the creature book for him. In fact, there was a bunch of stuff I need to go to the book for on that dive. Anyway, tons of different kinds of crabs including two mating horseshoe crabs,tons of baby lobsters tons of different kinds of starfish, and a million different kinds of sea urchins. The were lots of fish too. I saw a different kind of scorpionfish than I usually see out on the reefs, and a teeny tiny one too. All kinds of juvenile fish like jacknife fish, spotted drums, and a medium big barracuda.
Everyone from the board was really nice, it was great to meet and dive with them. I look forward to doing this again.

The dive was great. It was a pleasure to meet everyone.

Scubakevdm was a great "dive guide" I think I would have gotten lost I was so engrossed in viewing all the sea critters.
NEAT little dive spot. I saw this small, unusual fish with a very tall (vertical) fin. It was not in proportion to any other fish I've ever seen. Watching the octopus discover if Scubakevdm was edible or not was fascinating. Dang, I missed the mating horseshoe crabs. I'd DEFINITELY do it again. Coming up out of the water with a full moon was a beautiful sight, too! Calm & relaxing dive.

I'm getting used to my new BCD by feel ... this was it's 2nd dive. Very comfortable with it for this dive. Too much weight. I'll need to adjust.

The restaurant afterwards only had valet parking remaining. (yuck). And a bit loud... so, passed on that one. Surely there has to be another decent place nearby to grab a quick bite?

Scubakevdm:
Hey! That was fun! Hopefully we can do it again soon. ... Anyway, tons of different kinds of crabs including two mating horseshoe crabs... Everyone from the board was really nice, it was great to meet and dive with them. I look forward to doing this again.

kjunheart:
If we can get a sitter, Brian and I would like to join this little excursion if don't mind two more people! Grier, are you going (we met you on The Diversity with Cpt. Tony & Walter)?

There is a ForceE shop along the way (Blue Heron just west of US1). I believe they are open until 9pm...845-2333.

Hopefully we will see you there!
Sandy

Hi Sandy, Brian

I didn't see your post till this morning! Hope you guys had a great dive. Thanks for the invite. We'll have to get together and dive again soon.

-G

Brian and I had a great time last night! I keep forgetting how great this simple dive is. There was so much to see. Kev, if you talk to Sandy, would you ask her if I can pay her for copies of her pics? She should have some good ones in there.

It was great to meet everyone! Trish, the restaurant was loud but the food was good and the people watching was even better. Talk about some characters!! There are some other places a few miles away that are good and fun for next time.

Missed you Grier! I was talking to Walter about diving this weekend. I was hoping to do a beach dive or something in your area on Monday. We'll see...

See all of you soon!

Sandy

We really had alot of fun too last night.. Its always nice to put names and faces together...
The full moon was awesome, and even the fisherdudes (I could think of a few other names to call them) who were trying their very best to hook the divers below, couldn't ruin the night.

I'm very pleased to report that as we were leaving Phil Foster's last night, we stopped the other diver who was loading his stuff up, just to make sure he was almost finish (didn't want him to be out there alone) and the first thing he asked us if we were out spear fishing, of course we weren't but his piont was the angel fish I mentioned before. This guy actually caught this fish and was able to remove the tri-prong spear tip from it (right below it's dorsal fin) he happily reported the fish swam off and its very hopefully it will survive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom