Blue Heron construction - any news?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually you can dive the bridges (high and low) anytime day or night. The problem is that the park is not open to divers after sunset. If you enter the water from a boat or an area outside the park nothing can be done.

Boaters can use the park 24/7.

As a result PB county is now allowing dive shops to setup night dives from the park as long as the county is advised in advance. We would like to see this extended to dive and photo clubs.

Phil Rudin

http://www.sfups.org/Galleries/PhilRudin/index.html

Actually you can dive the bridges (high and low) anytime day or night. The problem is that the park is not open to divers after sunset. If you enter the water from a boat or an area outside the park nothing can be done.

Boaters can use the park 24/7.

As a result PB county is now allowing dive shops to setup night dives from the park as long as the county is advised in advance. We would like to see this extended to dive and photo clubs.

Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin Bio

Phil,

I believe that the original county invitation did include dive clubs. But, gratefully, Force E stepped in and met the requirments for allowing divers to remain in the park after dark (with advance notification and permission).

Thanks for the reports, guys! I headed over after work and all the cool divers were already gone! Joyce and Phil summed up everything I learned already; I'll just add a few comments that MAY differ from what they heard.

When discussing the existing pilings, they said they had been approached about the idea of cutting them shorter and leaving them intact, but that it was proposed to them, and they would consider it, but it would have to be approved by the higher powers.

Also, the existing sidewalk is "open" to the street. Plans showed that they would also be built out wider and blocked off with the same barriers as exist on the tall bridge span. I didn't notice whether that would be on both sides of the bridge, or just one.

Finally, there was a sign-in at the door for name/address/email info. I was informed that they would use that information to deliver additional information about the construction in the future. If I do receive any pertinent communication, I'll post as well.

Since I live so close, I figured I can go take pictures of the construction from time to time to post here for those who may be interested.

Those extra shopping carts we dropped in just for you got you home sick last time, huh? :rofl3:

It sure did, you guys are SO accomadating . . . :popcorn:

The plan calls for the sidewalks to be widened on the north and south sides from six feet to eight feet to give the fishermen more room. The bike lane will remain.

We strongly suggested to the construction company people in attendance that the old pilings be retained and not cut off at the lagoon bottom as is the alternative plan. This would prevent destruction of much of the existing marine life which reside on those pilings.

Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin Bio

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom