Blue heron bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I could show you videos of some rare critters too. Thus, it is childish to suggest that this is some sort of repeatable encounter. With such odds you can dive any place and find something semi-rare. However, diving Datura Ave gives me a much better result and it is a way larger playground with comparable amount of critters to see. Blue Heron Bridge irks me because it is like diving in a public swimming pool. People are everywhere, swimmers are everywhere, divers everywhere. Hard to get that peaceful vibe that I like about scuba diving. Don't get me wrong, it is ok to dive Blue Heron once in a while, it is just does not live up to the hype. Reading the posts one might get an impression like it is the pearl of Florida diving, which it is not. It is simply a very easy dive for all levels of scuba divers. I bet that the newly certified are ecstatic about the place due to the depth, small area, proximity to the shore, it is as safe as a sandbox for kids. However, if you have been there and here, the dive is just that, meh.

Plus, rubbing shoulders on the parking lot with semi-homless alcoholics is something that I don't enjoy.

Went there last week for the first time. My husband and I loved it (granted we were there on weekdays). We did an ocean dive each day while we were in FL as well, but going to the bridge each day allowed us to get in twice as many dives without spending twice as much money. Of course it's not as spectacular as the ocean, but it's free! Can't knock that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom