Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply --- I dove there a few years ago when they were doing construction off to the left. I WILL BE diving in the afternoon but I was interested in doing a night dive there also this time around. I'm sure that a night dive at low tide wouldn't be worth the effort.
I am also be diving on the 27th at the bridge in the afternoon. If you want to dive send me a message. I have dove with you before at Nubble.

---------- Post added March 27th, 2015 at 03:00 AM ----------

I will be diving the BHB for the first time this week and wondering the best area to see?

I stopped by today to look around. I saw many diving out in front of the lifeguard, some at the boat docks and saw some under the old bridge. I also saw a few flags around toward the Singer Island side. I hope to get five or six dives in this week/end.

Divers Direct will fill nitric tanks that have not been O2 cleaned, they are at northlake boulevard and I95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added March 27th, 2015 at 04:52 PM ----------

I hate auto correct, Nitrox not nitric!

I saw many diving out in front of the lifeguard, some at the boat docks and saw some under the old bridge. I also saw a few flags around toward the Singer Island side. I hope to get five or six dives in this week/end.

Those divers out front of the lifeguard are probably on the snorkel trail which runs east and west there for a distance. If you get in early(about an hour), the current will be less out there than under the bridges until around 20 minutes before slack high tide. We typically get in just west of the marked swim area and venture out to the south to the shopping carts/little wreck/rocks of the trail, etc. and go east or west from there......There is a lot of life on the snorkel trail alone. If you want to then go to the west(BIG)bridge--head north or northwest from the end of the snorkel trail on the west end. If going to the east bridge follow the rocks until they end--then head north.

Divers Direct will fill nitric tanks that have not been O2 cleaned, they are at northlake boulevard and I95.

---------- Post added March 27th, 2015 at 04:52 PM ----------

I hate auto correct, Nitrox not nitric!

apparently DD will not fill a nitrox tank unless it has one of those big green and yellow nitrox bands on it.. :shakehead: If your tank doesn't have one, they will put one on for you. I won't go to DD for fills just for that reason..

More photos from last weekend.

Thoughts on ID?
FL_150320_3200.jpg

Not sure of this one either - partially buried in sand at night. Bandtail Puffer???
FL_150320_3206.jpg

Lined flatworm - thinking Pseudoceros crozieri
FL_150320_3250.jpg

Pleurobranchus areolatus
FL_150320_3257.jpg

I've only seen two of these - both times with a 105mm lens on the camera. This guy was only about 2' long, so I was able to get a fair portion of him in the frame. Last one I saw was at least 5' long (Bonaire). Bluespotted Cornetfish; Fistularia tabacaria.
FL_150320_3277.jpg

Rest of photos from the weekend at: BHB Mar 2015 - WetLens

I am also be diving on the 27th at the bridge in the afternoon. If you want to dive send me a message. I have dove with you before at Nubble.

---------- Post added March 27th, 2015 at 03:00 AM ----------

I will be diving the BHB for the first time this week and wondering the best area to see?

I stopped by today to look around. I saw many diving out in front of the lifeguard, some at the boat docks and saw some under the old bridge. I also saw a few flags around toward the Singer Island side. I hope to get five or six dives in this week/end.

Sorry I missed your message. I was w/out internet access for a few days--- I camped 4 nights in the Everglades, day tripping to Key Largo. I did the Spiegel on the 26th and then visited my brother in Boca for a few days. I was at BHB on Friday afternoon near high tide. What a crowd of divers!!! It was rainy and I was short on time so I only walked around a little. I hope you enjoyed your time there. Maybe we'll meet up another time

Thoughts on ID?
View attachment 205491

My best guess on your first ID image is some type of Whip Eel, Bascanichthys sp.

Not sure of this one either - partially buried in sand at night. Bandtail Puffer???
View attachment 205492

First impression of your second query, though it’s mostly hidden in the sand, is that you’ve photographed a Bandtail Searobin, Prionotus ophryas.

Beautiful shots, Tim

I dived the bridge yesterday morning. This is a reminder for those photogs that have to get 30 shots of a single critter.. this is what happens when that said critter is seen by every diver with a flash camera. I shoot natural light 99.9% of the time. And I put my camera up and this happens..
11077952_10152741653273531_4875028023245793718_n.jpg

The poor seahorse is tired of flashes in the eyes.
I think a good definition of hell is to come back as a seahorse at BHB..

I just spent a great week diving at BHB. I wanted to do a night dive but someone told me the park closes at sunset. Do they allow night diving from the park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom