Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much different is the bridge at night v. the day? (I'm scheduled for Pura Vida's dive tomorrow night, but it's a long drive so I'm hesitating.) Is the only major difference the lack of swimmers in the water, and lack of light, of course, or is there much more marine life out and about? TIA! :)

BHB Night Dive.jpg

Hello everyone,

Our next Blue Heron Bridge Twilight/Night Dive will be Wednesday, June 11th at 7:00pm. This is aFREE event!

For more information please visit: Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive: June 11th :: Pura Vida Divers

We hope to see you all there!

More nudis, shrimp all over the bottom, more eels hunting. Some fish are sleeping, some go elsewhere, you will see a lot more sand perch out in the sand.

So in a nutshell, there are definitely different critters out and about that you don't see during the day, and some that you see during the day are doing completely different things.

Very cool. go slow, look around, have fun!

Hello Annasea,

Diving at night gives you the opportunity to see different creatures, or different behaviors from the creatures that you are use to seeing. We will have a dive guide in the water on Wednesday night. Please feel free to buddy up with them. They will be able to help you find these amazing differences, as well as provide you with a buddy that knows the dive site inside and out. The important thing, is that you are comfortable, confident, and properly geared when diving at night. Remember to have a primary and back up light, as well as a tank light and a dive flag with it's own light or cylume stick. It is also important to review light signals with your buddy(s). If you are diving with the group, our dive guide will carry the dive flag for the group and give a detailed dive briefing before entering the water. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the shop: 561.840.8750. You may also check in early and speak with the dive master leading the group before heading over to the BHB.

The BHB is an amazing place both during the day and night. If you enjoy diving the BHB during the day, you are sure to love diving it at night. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We look forward to diving with you on Wednesday.

Kind regards,

More nudis, shrimp all over the bottom, more eels hunting. Some fish are sleeping, some go elsewhere, you will see a lot more sand perch out in the sand.

So in a nutshell, there are definitely different critters out and about that you don't see during the day, and some that you see during the day are doing completely different things.

Very cool. go slow, look around, have fun!

Thank you! You've sold me with the nudis. :wink: I didn't see any during Friday's dive.

Between Jet's 215th at the bridge and djimmy's 90 dives, I decided to do a count. Of my 904 logged dives, 501 were at just six different sites, with the most being at the bridge with 165. Got quite a bit to catch up to Jet. Guess she is the BHB queen!

Your making me think about counting dives at BHB seems a slippery slope, next, I will have to start logging dives, plus I'm already in the hole for 28 years worth. Guess I could count unedited videos but that would still be a fraction.....
Tim- I have some good intell for you on that cushion star:D
pm me for directions so it doesn't fall victim to "collectors"....
John

Got quite a bit to catch up to Jet. Guess she is the BHB queen!

Puh-leeze. I prefer "BHB Princess." I'm sure there are a lot of people on this forum who have me beat by a mile. They're just not crazy enough to admit it publicly.

Bimini.. slowly collecting all my log books. Been thinking about it for a while to look through them all to find where I dive. Sat down and went through page by page. Was really shocked to see that LBTS came in second with 134, and my go-to fav. spot (Hollywood's Yellow Brick Road) came in at 3 with only 84, but that doesn't include a bunch of dives nearby. The erojacks, one of my other favorite sites came in last with only 29. Wow, thought that was closer to at least 50. Amazing what actually logging dives does vs. guessing/bragging.. :D

Jet, Princess is a lot better than the other name.. LOL.. you know, you have the patch.. NO. Not Buoyancy Babe! We share that one! :wink:

---------- Post added June 9th, 2014 at 03:44 PM ----------

Sorry guys, didn't mean to silt you out. I was on a mission looking for the elusive sand perch and cushion star.
noobs.. :shakehead:

:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom